x
Beta Member

How can I add multiple email addresses to receive Online Store order confirmation emails?

The title of this post has been edited from the original: How to add multiple email accounts to receive Online Store order confirmation?

We currently receiving the new Online Store Order confirmation emails to the address linked to the main Square account, but we have dedicated email accounts for the staff to see the Online Orders via another Mailbox and how to send them a copy of the order confirmation that we receive ?

Message 1 of 34
1 Verified Answer
Verified Answer

Re: Feature Request: Add multiple email addresses to receive Online Store order confirmation emails

Hi everyone, I'm happy to share that we launched the ability to configure up to three email addresses to receive new order email notifications in Square Online! You can send all order email notifications to the same email address(es), or configure up to three email addresses for each of your locations. We also now support turning off new order email notifications for specific locations, or just turning them off altogether for all online orders. Here's our help article with steps to use the feature. Let us know what you think!

1 Best Answer
Square

Best Answer

Hi everyone, I'm happy to share that we launched the ability to configure up to three email addresses to receive new order email notifications in Square Online! You can send all order email notifications to the same email address(es), or configure up to three email addresses for each of your locations. We also now support turning off new order email notifications for specific locations, or just turning them off altogether for all online orders. Here's our help article with steps to use the feature. Let us know what you think!

Alex
Product Manager

View Best Answer >

Message 30 of 34
33 REPLIES 33

Is there a way to do this with the Square Store? I want to give someone access to change the store items without access to account info - preferable without the ability to change the store settings, too.

EDIT: I found out how to set up TEAM PERMISSIONS, but to give access to edit the store to add featured items it says I have to give them FULL ACCESS. How do I give them access to the store featured items list without giving them access to everything?

EDIT 2: I found out how to add the pics. (scroll down to the square website link and it lets you do everything for the item - EXCEPT add it as a featured item)

Oh, and put me on the list for multi-email notifications.

Message 22 of 34

(retracted)

Message 23 of 34
Admin

Hey @rgadde!

Thanks for posting in the Seller Community. 

We don't currently have a feature that would allow sellers to add multiple email accounts to receive Online Store order confirmations/notifications.

We're working on making this feature available in the future, given that we know it would be beneficial to many businesses that have multiple managers and owners. I'll make sure to update this thread if I hear anything regarding the availability or launch of this feature. 

️ Isabelle | she/her
Seller Community & Super Seller Program Manager | Square, Inc.
Learn about the Super Seller program!
Message 24 of 34

I notice this was asked a few years ago. Why cant I add another email user to recieve email notifcations of sales etc. This is really a very basic but impotant function.

Message 25 of 34
Square Community Moderator

Hi there, @Chagall - thanks for reaching out and joining us here on the Seller Community! We are happy to have you. 

I've gone ahead and merged your post into an existing thread of Sellers who were also looking for information regarding adding extra recipients for account notification emails. Take a look at this Best Answer from EJ - he will provide some extra insight here.

Joe
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 26 of 34

Looking to add an additional email to notifications,  It looks like this request was made back in 2017,  Is there any update?

Message 27 of 34

@scooter, unfortunately we don't have any further updates. As a workaround you are able to have emails from Square forwarded from your email to the additional emails, but we have not made any steps toward this feature request. 

Also, thank you for posting this! I have merged your thread into the larger feature request thread so we can keep all the feedback in one place. 

AshleyK
Message 28 of 34

If you add team members and you allow all access, will they also receive the email notifications for transactions/sales? 

Message 29 of 34
Square

Best Answer

Alex
Product Manager
Message 30 of 34

Alex,

Great to hear, I like how the Square team was proactive with this request. I am having a similar issue with the lack of multiple email addresses configuration but it is for the contact form on the website. I tried to add three email addresses in the new order configuration setting but it did not work for the contact form submission. I realize that you were doing MVP for this feature, does this feature already exist or do you think this will be possible to add in the future?

Nick

Message 31 of 34
Square

Hi Nick,

Glad to hear you're finding the order email notification feature useful. For the contact form on your website, are you looking for the ability to notify multiple email addresses when you receive a new website form submission? 

Alex

Alex
Product Manager
Message 32 of 34

The instructions in the linked help article aren't correct.  Those paths to the settings don't even exist. 

Message 33 of 34

Hello @ElectJudy! 

Welcome to the Seller Community.

The instructions in this help article are current. 

You'll want to make sure you are on your Square Online Overview Page before heading to Settings. 

Here's a screenshot of the path you'll want to follow once on the Square Online Overview Page.

Let me know if you have questions! 

Frances
Message 34 of 34