x

How do I edit my Weebly Website?

I do not sell anything on my website. I am just trying to log in to Weebly to edit my website as I have always done and it is redirecting me to square. I don't want anything to do with Square as I don't sell through my website. How do I log in to Weebly and edit my website as I have for the last 18 months? I'm so frustrated!

Thank you for your help!

Message 1 of 65
2 Best Answers
Square Community Moderator

Best Answer

Hey @PleaseHelp2-  Have you tried logging in through the Weebly website directly? I would also attempt this on an incognito browser. 

Sayra
Community Moderator, Square // Moderadora de la Comunidad, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Inicie seción y haga clic en Marcar como "Mejor Respuesta" si mi respuesta contesta su pregunta.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 65

Best Answer

I finally got in using a different browser-- Chrome seemed to be the problem. Once I clicked on the blue box on my website, a new page opened with Weebly Powered by Square (something like that) in the top center. I clicked on that, and it brought me to a login page. After that, I was good. 

I hope this works for you!

View Best Answer >

Message 29 of 65
64 REPLIES 64

100% Chrome issue.  Use Edge or something else.  Got right  in.

Message 43 of 65

UGH THIS IS RIDICULOUS. I wanted to check my Square invoices so I logged into Square. Now I CANNOT log back into Weebly. I did try a different browser and incognito. How hard is it for a WEBDESIGNER website to not have a way to actually edit our own sites?!? Are you phasing Weebly out? Do we need to prepare to change formats and leave altogether? 

Message 44 of 65

Hi @AS6 - thanks for reaching out and joining us here on the Seller Community! So sorry to hear about the trouble and frustration here. We are her to help.

Would you mind providing some more detail about where specifically you are being held up in the process? If you select Online Store from the Square Dashboard, does it simply not prompt your Online Store to open? Also, have you tried logging in from Weebly's site directly?

I will keep an eye out for your response!

Joe
Community Moderator, Square
Message 45 of 65

I'll make screenshots of my process. I log into Weebly.com, it sends me to log in, I log in and click Edit Website and it prompts me to create a new one. I cannot find my actual site anywhere. weebly.comweebly.comlog inlog inclick edit websiteclick edit websitenot my websitenot my website

Message 46 of 65

Hmm @AS6 this might be too complicated to assist here from the Community without having access to your account as well and it'd be best to figure this out sooner than later since we don't respond here right away with it being intended for seller to seller conversation.

I'd recommend reaching out to our direct E-Comm CS team who can look into it further and maybe see if you have an account under a different login with your original store.

Ashley C
Community Moderator, Square
Message 47 of 65

feel the same way. All I want to do is edit my website but I keep getting redirected to square. Help ASAP!!

Message 48 of 65

Please scroll up to my solution dated 10-21-20. It should work. 

Jeanne42

Message 49 of 65

How To Edit Your Website in the Square App.

Go To Your Dashboard 

Scroll Down To You See Recommended Products

Click "Square Online" Icon

There You Can Edit Your Site 

Message 50 of 65

No I can't. It takes me to some stupid advertisement for Square. I click on their stupid ad and then they want to log in... again. I freaking hate these people. They destroyed a great product. 

Message 51 of 65

At the top left of the Square Dashboard is a menu button.  Click it to see the menu.  Go down the menu, and see 'Online" under 'All Products'.  Click on 'Online", and then click on the 'Online' button that appears to the right.  A new window appears.  Click on 'Website' to see a menu.  Click on 'Edit Site'.  A new window appears.  Click on 'Edit' at the top right of the page.  Then, you will see the old Weebly editor.

Message 52 of 65

That just takes me in a loop back to Square's stupid full page ad. 

Message 53 of 65

Square is a freaking disaster!!!!! How can a company make so many people detest it within so short a time period? I still can't log in to my own web site that I had for years. Weebly was easy to use, did not nag you to death with constant "security" crap, and readily available across all platforms. Square is a joke. They managed to make me hate them and I don't even know anything about them. Congratulations. That couldn't have been easy. 

Message 54 of 65

I'm really sorry to heat that you are having a hard time logging into the correct account, @sopwith21 

Can you please confirm the full URL of your website so we can try to assist you with this. Do you recall the last time you were able to edit the site? 

I'll be on the lookout for your response!

Message 55 of 65

I also am not able to edit my website I have used for my high school class for the past 10 years.  Can someone help?

https://wacohi82reunion.weebly.com/count-down.html

Message 56 of 65

Hi @jean82  Welcome to the Seller Community 👋 

When you say that you cannot edit, do you mean that you cannot access the editor itself, or that you cannot log into the account? Can you please provide more details, and screenshot if you are seeing any errors on the page? 

Thanks in advance!

Message 57 of 65

I can access the webpage WACOHI

but I cannot edit it.  

I am just trying to log in to Weebly to edit my website as I have always done and it is redirecting me to square. I don't want anything to do with Square as I don't sell through my website. How do I log in to Weebly and edit my website as I have for the last 10 years?

Message 58 of 65

I am also having this issue! I've tried signing in directly and I get pushed to Square every time. I've tried incognito and I've tried using another browser - STILL CAN'T FIND MY ORIGINAL SITE THRU WEEBLY! It's still showing up in Google Search so I know it still exists somewhere but I cannot figure out how to break the never ending loop of SQUARE marketing. We have had a Square account for our POS for years but we do not sell anything online - we are a hair salon so all sales are IN the salon! 

I just want to be able to edit our original Weebly website. Instead, Square is trying to bully everyone into using their platform. I don't want to make an entirely new site right now (especially when I have no legitimate need for it). 

Is there any other solution?? SQUARE CUSTOMER SERVICE - Please email out to EVERYONE instructions on how to access our original Weebly websites. This is HORRIBLE treatment of your "new customers from Weebly" and existing customers as well! I am so sorry to any business who is being seriously impacted by this change!! 💔

Message 59 of 65

Hello @DirtyApples, I appreciate you reaching out and understand your frustration about editing your Weebly site. I also apologize for the support experience. In order to get this resolved it is best you speak directly with Square Online 1-855-700-6000 squ.re/contactsqsupport.

They will be able to take a deeper dive into your account and help. If you need anything else let us know. 

Message 60 of 65

YES. SAME.  I have been hijacked. All I have, All I NEED is a gallery. NO sales, NO business functions, NO payroll, No Square. This is offensive. No options for me to clear my own content from my own site before the "Immigration" to Square. Non way to get back to Weebly, NO way to protect my weebly content from theft, I have at least 100+ personally developed images I would like to recover for my own personal archives. Everything is MY own personal intellectual property. Where is it, Square? Give me back my stuff.

Message 61 of 65

Hello @MKJ1075, I am really sorry you are having issues with your site as well. Please reach out to support at 1-855-700-6000 squ.re/contactsqsupport so our team can investigate this further and resolve this. Thank you for working with us to resolve this. 

Message 62 of 65

Square has been a total disaster since taking over.  Should only be an option for those of us who have been on Weebly for many years.  I am trying to get some folks to become page editors on the 10 not for profit sites I run for free and they get all embroiled in the Square they just want to update their site that I build for them.   Senior management at Square have to hear this.  I know Square wants to make a commission on sales made on Weebly sites, but if you don't clean this up I will move all my sites somewhere.  Else...I have to have a different email log in to each site to please Square.  Ridiculous .  I have a new suggestion...no exec gets a paycheck until they do all the things they tell their customer users to do, then they would realize how ridiculous their systems are. 

Chief Executive Officer has been changed according to Harvard Business Review to Chief Engagement Officer....so connect with you customers or resign.  I built the largest online university in the world for utility construction works...I did every single task that I asked the adult, at work, users were asked to do....Square might try that.  

Fix the mess.  Give us the option to ignore Square if we are not selling anything....no double log ins.  

Message 63 of 65