x

How do I get a free reader?

How do I get the free reader as I'm not seeing that there's an order in for me.  It charges me when I go to order but says the first one is shipped to be free. 

Message 1 of 42
1 Verified Answer
Verified Answer

Re: I can't see anywhere in my dashboard where a reader is going to be sent to me. How do i get f...

Hey @Dymond4eva -  When you have a chance, please try ordering this way:

http://squ.re/readerrequest > "Send me a reader" > Select Connectivity > complete checkout process

If that doesn't work, please let me know.

1 Best Answer
Super Seller Alumni

Best Answer

Did you sign into your Square account before proceeding to check out?

Screen Shot 2021-02-13 at 3.35.54 PM.png

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 42
41 REPLIES 41
Super Seller Alumni

Best Answer

Did you sign into your Square account before proceeding to check out?

Screen Shot 2021-02-13 at 3.35.54 PM.png

Message 2 of 42

I just made my account today and I can’t order my reader. 

Message 3 of 42
Square Community Moderator

Hey there @Destinyrose69,

We're sorry to hear that is happening! When you have a chance, please log into your account and try ordering this way: http://squ.re/readerrequest > "Send me a reader" > Select Connectivity > complete checkout process. Discount will be applied at checkout. If it is still not letting you order, please send me a private message so I can take a closer look.

Also, welcome to the Seller Community! 🥳 We are so happy to have you here. While you are here, we recommend checking out our Orientation & Etiquette. Hope this helps! 😊

Ellie
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 4 of 42

I'm wondering how I can get a free chip reader. Clicking on connectivity does nothing. There is no hypertext link on that text. The instructions are erroneous. So again please respond.

Message 5 of 42

How can I get a free chip reader?

Message 6 of 42

Is there any way that I can get a free chip reader? I have tried all the options from reading all the q&a threads. There is no way to click on the things that are acclaimed to be clickable. Is there any way that I can get a free chip reader please respond.

Message 7 of 42

As far as I can tell, Square doesn't offer the chip reader for free. Only your first magnastripe reader is free.

Message 8 of 42

Hey @Dymond4eva -  When you have a chance, please try ordering this way:

http://squ.re/readerrequest > "Send me a reader" > Select Connectivity > complete checkout process

If that doesn't work, please let me know.

Sayra
Community Moderator, Square // Moderadora de la Comunidad, Square
Inicie seción y haga clic en Marcar como "Mejor Respuesta" si mi respuesta contesta su pregunta.
Message 9 of 42

Hi there, I've tried this over and over and over. Now my total is up to $60. I am working for a non-profit charitable organization. I don't get paid for this. 

I followed several instructions from several different pages that all say the same thing but they are erroneous the options simply are not there. I'm sure you know this. Is there in fact, a way to get a free reader. Or is the only way to do it by manual input.? It seems that that is the only way unless somebody pays for this product. I don't like getting jerked around and I don't jerk other people around. Please respond with an actual answer.

Message 10 of 42

HI, this is the seller to seller community board, there are no customer support members, only moderators.

You can try to contact Customer Support with this link.  Monday to Friday, 6:00am-6:00pm PST.

Contact Customer Support

https://squareup.com/help/us/en/contact?panel=FAB456B04971&skip_unit_select=true

You will get a few options to contact, click Call Us, a new browser window will open with phone number and customer code.

You must be logged into your account and is best on a laptop or desktop.  Phone app sometimes displays unavailable at times.

Hope This Helps!
TERRI
Message 11 of 42

When I click on quote select connectivity end-quote nothing happens. It is just plain text. There is no hypertext link protocol in that text. It appears as though you believe there is, but there is not. How can I get a free text reader so I can support my local community?

Message 12 of 42

Hi, I'm unable to order a free reader - went all the way to completing the order and it never said it was free - was going to charge the $10 + tax. Can you assist me? Thanks

Message 13 of 42

Hi there @divenursok,

If you continue to run into this issue after following the steps we've discussed in this thread, you will need to contact our Support Team directly and they will be able to place the order on your behalf.

We can't help you order through the Seller Community as it's not a secure place to share personal information.

To contact our team, reach out to 1-855-700-6000 between 6 am - 6 pm Pacific Time Monday - Friday. You can also get in touch with our Messaging and Email Support Teams here.

Laurie
Community Moderator, Australia, Square
Message 14 of 42

I am having the same problem. The instructions provided in this thread (http://squ.re/readerrequest > "Send me a reader" > Select Connectivity > complete checkout process. Discount will be applied at checkout.) do not work for me. Still being prompted to pay at checkout while logged in.

Message 15 of 42

I have tried it a number of times and it charges me, why can’t I order my first reader free like it says I can?

Message 16 of 42

Hi @Dislaybaugh - thanks for writing in! Is it possible that you have created a Square account in the past? Our free reader promotion is for new accounts during the activation process.

Joe
Community Moderator, Square
Message 17 of 42

Hello, I set up a square for a business 3 years ago... we didn't end up using square, nor did we get a reader.

I'm not being given the option for a free reader either, for my own business I've signed up with. Would I not be getting it because of the previous business account?

Message 18 of 42

Hi there is there anyway I can contact somebody with squaresoft?

Message 19 of 42

I’m having the same exact issue. And I just created my account now to get it. This makes me realize I probably don’t want to use square for my businesses? Lol. I have tried so many ways and it try’s to charge me each time. The issue isn’t really paying the money, annoying as that is after a claim of it being free. It’s how unstable and unreliable this all seems. 

Message 20 of 42

I don't have a solution for you BUT I do have a spare card reader with the headset jack if you'd like it. I ordered a contactless chip card reader and it came from one of the 1st gen readers. I have an iPhone so the reader with the lightning port is more useful than the original (I hate using the adapter just for the reader since it is wobbly).

Let me know if you'd me to send it your way!

Message 21 of 42