x

How do I order a free reader?

The title of this thread has been edited from the original: Free Raider??

Hello there in good day, I just finished signing up for new account. And it was stating that I would get a free reader, but after I finish registering the account it takes me to where their for sale?? Can somebody help me with this?

Message 1 of 134
1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

Hey @Rina! Welcome to Square 😊 Please try the following steps:

1. Click Free Reader Request.
  2.  Select "Send me a reader" 
  3. Select Connectivity.
  4.  Complete checkout process.

If that doesn't work, please let me know!

️ Isabelle | she/her
Seller Community & Super Seller Program Manager | Square, Inc.
Learn about the Super Seller program!

View Best Answer >

Message 4 of 134
133 REPLIES 133
Square Community Moderator

Let us know if anything else comes up, @careylee!

Joe
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 106 of 134

I just signed up, will they send me a free reader automatically or how do I get it?

Message 107 of 134
Admin

Hey @tinker2470!

We do not send them automatically. Take a look at my best answer for instructions on how to order your first free reader.

️ Isabelle | she/her
Message 108 of 134

I just set up my account with square.   Will i automatically receive a card swiper?

Message 109 of 134
Alumni

Glad to have you with us @careylee

You'll have to place the order yourself. Log into your account and try ordering this way: http://squ.re/readerrequest > "Send me a reader" > Select Connectivity > complete checkout process. 

Promo is automatically applied at checkout. 

Justin
Message 110 of 134

For some reason when I go to check out it keeps wanting to charge me. I have never ordered a reader before and there is no promo code to use! Help!

Message 111 of 134
Alumni

Don't worry - we'll get you pointed in the right direction 😊

You'll want to make sure you're logged into your Square account first, then head to this page. You should be able to place your order for your first free Square Reader for magstripe here, but if you run into any trouble, we can help!

Just reach out directly (email or phone) and our team will take care of you, @mrsrounds214.

Valentina
Message 112 of 134

How do I get new hardware from Square because the one I’ve been using for 3 years is outdated and they didn’t send me the one I have, I purchased it myself. Are they supposed to send you one that is up to date when you join up?

Message 113 of 134

Hi there, @MohammadA 👋 Thanks for reaching out to us here on the Seller Community! Happy to have you join us here!

I've gone ahead and merged your post into an existing thread of Sellers who were also looking for information regarding receiving a free reader. All new users are given the chance to order a free Magstripe Reader during the activation process.

When you have a chance, please try ordering this way:

Visit this page > "Send me a reader" > Select Connectivity > complete checkout process.

It is worth noting that a free reader is only available when first activating your Square account. If you are needing new hardware, you can pick some up directly from our Online Shop

I hope this information is helpful! Feel free to reach back out is anything else come up. 

Joe
Message 114 of 134

Where is my free reader? It's been over 10 business days.

Message 115 of 134

Hey there, @RoyalBeautyQB

Do you have your order confirmation number for your free reader? It would start with "US-". 

The free magstripe readers aren't sent automatically whenever you sign up for the account. An order still needs to be placed. If you haven't placed the order, please use this link to get your free reader.

1. Click http://squ.re/readerrequest

2. Select "Send me a reader"

3. Select Connectivity

4. Complete checkout process!

If that doesn't work, please let me know.

Kassi
Message 116 of 134

I've had my Square account for years and have never gotten a free card reader. I am sure this can be verified in my account. I need a new reader for a craft show coming up. Can I be sent one for free or reimbursed if I buy one locally? Or are those promotions only for new accounts?

Message 117 of 134
Super Seller

Hi @antdiva80 

Yes! You can order a reader directly from the Dashboard:

Account & Settings -> Square Accessories -> Order a Reader

When you go to the checkout page, click on the "Free for Eligible Merchants" link next to the Add to Cart button. As long as you meet these requirements (and it sounds like you will), Square will send you a reader for free.

Hope this helps!

Ryan Wanner
Golden Pine Coffee Roasters
Colorado Springs, CO, USA

Super Seller: I know stuff.
Beta Tester: I break stuff.
he/him/hey you/coffee guy/whatever.

Happy Selling!
Message 118 of 134

I didn't receive my square card reader 

Message 119 of 134
Admin

Welcome to the Seller Community @EmmettCaldwell!

Please take a look at my best answer in this thread. Hopefully that resolves the issue! 

️ Isabelle | she/her
Message 120 of 134

I just signed up and activated my square account. I am trying to find out how to obtain the first reader for free but the information provided in this forum is very contradictory. Some people say to go to a retail store and get one and Square will reimburse you? Some are saying to just order one for $10 and Square will reimburse you? Others are saying they were able to order one without paying for it through the dashboard? Some say that Square automatically mails you one when you sign up? Can anyone please clarify what exactly a new user has to do in order to properly obtain the first mag reader for free?

Message 121 of 134

Hi I would like to get free reader please

Message 122 of 134
Admin

Hey @jjssx- Check out this post!

Bea_
Beta Community Manager, Square
Join the Beta Community
Evaluate | Influence | Engage
Message 123 of 134

In other words they are out of stock to get the free reader online.  You must go into a retail store, pick up the reader, then they advised you will get a "redemption" code along with the reader to send to Square for a rebate.  That's what they say. 

Message 124 of 134

I order a reader. It was shipped through DHL. Its been 18 days since it was shipped. It no longer has an estimated date of delivery and just shows in transit. I have contact square support at 1-855-700-6000 several times but they keep telling me to just wait or call back. At which point will Square decide to contact DHL to see where the package is at or decide to send a new reader?

Message 125 of 134
Alumni

If it’s been 10 business days since you placed an order and received your order confirmation email, we can help.

Did you call us after 10 business days (about two weeks) had passed?
I recommend trying again today if you haven't already so we can order you another, @Noel_FRS.

You can also purchase one in-store and we will credit you for the purchase if you need one sooner!

P.S. Welcome to the Seller Community 

Valentina
Message 126 of 134