x

Is anyone in the community a Notary Public? How do you use SquareUp to collect payments?

Hello, All!

I've been a Notary Public for over 10 years, but I'm new to taking payments via SquareUp. Are there any notaries or service companies that use SquareUp to collect fees for services out there? Do you all have any hints/tips you can share with me?

As a mobile notary, I charge a mobile/travel fee and a separate fee for the notarization.

Thanks!

Melissa

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Beta Member

@NotaryMark Hello I own 24/7 Mobile Notary service in Florida and we use the POS app, Invoices app, and Appointments app all through Square.

In response to "As a mobile notary, I charge a mobile/travel fee and a separate fee for the notarization."

We do too one of the things that makes all three square products mentioned above so great for us is you can go ahead and create items in any way you want and set up a favorites tab with all those items organized any way you want, which makes on the go checkout very quick, efficient and easy for both the notary and the client!

I already have prices set up for every item and can just tap an item and key in how many signatures, travel hours/mileage, etc..

and it totals everything up as you go with many useful features!

There's a lot to it as for advice but if you have specific questions id be happy to provide further advice!

B.M.B
Message 2 of 8

Thank you for responding to my question as I was wondering if this platform was easy for notaries to use. Like you, I need to be able to itemize my charges for signatures, travel hours, and mileage; entering a flat fee would just be too confusing come tax time. I was going to use the QR Code and Link on my website, but was trying to work out how/when to send the link, and was concerned that the QR Code/Link may not be user-friendly for folks that aren't tech-savvy. I think I'll try the POS app as there may be less of a training curve for the seniors I work with (and for me). Thanks again!

Message 3 of 8
Beta Member

Yes very easy once you get everything set up as in customized for ease of use,  it is way more organized easier to use for both parties. The POS app can take debit/credit through swipes, dips, or manually entering the card details as well as display a QR code for payment, sending a payment link, or my favorite is sending invoices where they can pay it with a card or ACH transfer securely and you don’t collect the payment details so the clients feel more comfortable with paying with it, and to prepay to book an appointment.

There is many different features square offers that helps a lot running a Mobile notary service.  
I wish I could post pictures on the seller community to show you some examples of my setup currently…

B.M.B
Message 4 of 8

What square hardware are you using for accepting  your payments? I haven’t received mine yet. It’s  been a while since I ordered mine . When can I get it?

Lina  

Message 5 of 8
Square Community Moderator

@LinaS if your reader has taken more than 10 business days to arrive and is not here yet. I suggest you get in touch with our support team for them to help order a replacement for you.  I can also recommend getting the Square Contactless and Chip reader as it offers the best security when processing payments. 

P.S. Welcome to the Seller Community 

JJ
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 6 of 8
Beta Member

Sorry im just now seeing this, i use the square magstripe reader, Square Invoices, or i just manually key the card in.

B.M.B
Message 7 of 8

Beverly Hills Notary Now accepting Credit cards we use square and we also send invoices with square. You can add your mobile fee on item and you can set quantity to your notary acknowledgments or jurat on another item. Its great for Notary services!

Message 8 of 8