x

Is there a way to show your items on Square Appointments?

I used Square Appointments in the past to schedule and book appointments. I only used the free Square Appointments. Recently I also obtained a website (square online) to integrate and hopefully offer things more efficiently. When I first started making my website I noticed that my services that I already had listed with Square Appointments weren't showing up, so I went ahead and made new my services into new items to show up on my website. Well, now I'm linking the Square Appointments site to my website and ONLY the services are showing up, not the newly listed items! So it's like there is my old booking site and my new website. I don't want to be linking my old booking site with all of the old services to my website instead of new items! That's going to be so confusing and messy not only for my clients but for me. So my question is- how do I get my newly listed items to show up on my Square Appointments page instead of my old services? Will I have to delete the old services and make all the new items into services? 🤔😬 Hope this makes sense.

Message 1 of 12
1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

Ok, thanks for trying that. Can you contact our support team so they can take a look? Something definitely seems like it isn't working correctly for you.

Adam
Seller Community, Platform

View Best Answer >

Message 6 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

Update: I was going to publish my site to see how/if it would work but when I went to preview my site, I noticed that now the items don't even show up in my online store?! I am so confused. The visibility is set to "visible", the pickup stuff is all correct. But the items are not showing up when I preview the page and the services aren't either?

Message 2 of 12

ss1.jpg

a screenshot of the preview

ss2.jpg

a screenshot of the unpublished site how it shows up when i'm editing

ss3.jpg

a screenshot showing that the items are all set to visible and should be ready to sell online

ss4.jpg

screenshot of my service library (the services on here are all set to be sold online and do show up on my square appointments booking page but not on my website)

ss5.jpg

my items library which does not show up on my booking page or my website page preview.

Ideally I would like to make the "items" (which are the most recently updated) whats available to order online from my website AND booking page.

Message 3 of 12
Admin

Thanks for detailing what you are seeing, @uraenia. Did you try publishing your site to see if it works fine on the published site? It might just be an issue with the preview.

Adam
Message 4 of 12

I went ahead and published, unfortunately they're not showing up on the published site either. And on my appointments page the old services are still listed and not the new items. Is there a way to fix either of these problems?

Message 5 of 12
Admin

Best Answer

Ok, thanks for trying that. Can you contact our support team so they can take a look? Something definitely seems like it isn't working correctly for you.

Adam
Message 6 of 12

Thank you for replying promptly and giving me a link to contact the support team. Very appreciated. Have a wonderful day.

Message 7 of 12
Admin

You too!

Adam
Message 8 of 12
Beta Member

Did you ever get this resolved? If so, how?

I am running into the same issues but I believe that it is because services are not treated as items and as such can not be featured in the online store the same way. Very unfortunate if true. I hope there is an update for this where it can automatically update our services across the website in the same way we can with products now.

Message 9 of 12

Unfortunately this issue is still unresolved and I’m waiting on a direct response from the Square team. When/if it does become resolved I will revisit this thread. I’m hoping that if true, there’s some easy work around. It’s a little silly and confusing to not list services through the online store and make the website owner create new items just for those new items not to be listed on the appointments app. 

Message 10 of 12
Beta Member

Was this ever resolved?

Message 11 of 12
Square Community Moderator

Hi there, @aqecorporation - Thanks for following up on this thread. Before responding to your question, I'd like to make sure I understand what kind of setup you're asking for.

Are you trying to list your Appointments Services on your Square Online Store or did you want to list items for sale on your Appointments Booking Site?

I'll keep an eye out for your reply!

Violet
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 12 of 12