x
Beta Member

Looking for advice on how to attract more customers

The title of this thread has been edited from the original: Hello Community.

I live and work in Myrtle Beach and have a cleaning business which primarily focuses on Airbnb turnovers. Recently I decided to upgrade my level of service. Which includes writing an assessment and suggestions as to remedying problems. For example this airbnb has rugs and they're always getting dirty. So I wrote up some suggestions: remove shoes before entering room, purchasing a cheap shoe rack. My coworker noticed blood on one of the twin sheets and I immediately reached out to the owner then went and purchased two sets. My thoughts are, do such a good job, word will get around. I also have 2-AirBnB units myself, and I know how important those reviews are. My apologies for being so long winded. Id really appreciate so sound advice on how to acquire more clients. Thanks   

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Super Seller

HI @Committed 

Welcome to Square Community.  What about offering a very small "referall" incentive to your current clients if they refer you to other ABB owners?

Also, you would have to check with the owners if its possible, but making and leaving a simple pop up type postcard with a review link for future ABB guests , similar to those that you would find in a hotel asking "how was the cleanliness of your stay here" . sort of idea.

Dan
Scorpion Coating Plus,LLC
Square Super Seller
Check out Square support center for additional help.
Message 2 of 9
Beta Member

I appreciate your suggestions. I see a lot of potential utilizing the post card because this can morph into vacationers possibly requesting that their AirBnB be cleaned by us. Maybe a sticker or magnet saying, "Dust-B-Gone Premier Cleaning. Request Us to your Host upon booking. And we'll do the rest."

Have a great day.

Message 3 of 9
Admin

@Committed welcome to the community!

@Minion shared some great advice here for referrals. Speaking of which, it might be worth also checking out some of the "competition" in your area and reaching out to them to establish connection. It doesn't always work out, but I have found that sometimes other businesses might get too busy with their own leads and have no place to send them. If you had an referral agreement with them, you could help support one another depending on how busy you get and it could be a win-win!

Max Pete
Community Engagement Program Manager, Square
Seller Community
Message 4 of 9
Admin

Such a great question @Committed!

You might find some more inspiration from the following threads:

We also recently open application for the Seller Community Mentorship Program. If you are interested in conencting with an experienced seller one-on-one to get more advice on how to grow your business, you can read more about it in our Blog!

Tra | she/her
Community Engagement Program Manager, Square
Have a burning question to ask in our Question of the Week? Share it with us!
Message 5 of 9
Super Seller

Oooh, I love the idea of a referral incentive -- both for your current clients, and then for your competition as well. We're always getting asked if we make custom cakes (we don't), and I'm continually looking for other bakeries to refer customers to. Having a relationship with another company I trusted would be really nice (especially if there was a small kick-back for doing so!). 

You might already be doing this, but I'd also just do some searching on AirBnb of all the units that are in your radius, and then start reaching out to the hosts directly. If you have quotes/testimonies from current clients, that could be part of a marketing package. And I think highlighting how you go above-and-beyond (like your examples of how you provide suggestions) is a great idea. I'm sure not many cleaning services offer that.

Michelle Savage
Co-Founder & President
Savage Goods | @savagegoods | savagegoods.com
Message 6 of 9
Super Seller

@Committed ;

Another thing you could do is call or go to realators that rent out places for vacationers.  These places may not be renting out AirBnbs but they usually have a large portfolio of Investment properties that are rented during the summer for a week or two at a time.

The other thing when talking to the realators you could ask them if they know any investors that have the airbnbs in your area that need them cleaned.  Since the investors may go through a realator they could be a source of owners of these types of properties.  

Or people that just bought or will be buying these.  You may also ask people who rent out AirBnbs, where they leaned of the Properties for sale in your area to invest in and maybe look at advertising where these people research properties before buying.  

Keith
Owner
Pocono Candle

Mark as Best Answer if this Helped you solve an issue or give it a thumbs up if you like the answer.
Square Support Number 855-700-6000.
Make Sure App and OS is up to date on your Device.
Message 7 of 9
Admin

Hey @Committed! Welcome to Square Community. So happy you are here and can't wait to learn from your experience. 

This idea might be out of left field -- but is there a way to turn your recommendations into a service you provide to Airbnb owners? To me, that seems really valuable especially for owners that live outside of the area. 

If I was a property owner, I think I would really welcome and value someone to tell me how to optimize my listing, make it easier to maintain, and stay clean. Even better if they offered to help me implement those improvements. 

Just a thought!  

Message 8 of 9
Beta Member

Thanks so much for the feedback. I value other entrepreneurs' opinion because it can be lonely and frustrating at times when conversing with laymen. Thanks Lauren for the attaboy

Message 9 of 9