x

Online only

Hi there!  I had a Square account that I forgot about.  I was looking for an alternative to Etsy and a friend said I could create my own website through Square.  I'm confused thought.  I first indicated that I have a physical location which will be charging me $60/month.  I do not have a physical location.  I did create a website yesterday, and paid in full for the whole next year.  My question is: how do I deactive/delete the physical location that I don't really have?  Help!  I don't want to be charged $60/month for something I don't have.  Thank you!

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Square Community Moderator

Hi @TeresaB - Welcome To The Seller Community.

I definitely understand your concern and we wouldn't want you to pay for a subscription that is not beneficial to the growth of your business. Looks like your free trial ends November 1, 2021, at that time, you will be downgraded to Square for Retail Free.

Here are steps to deactivate the physical location you feel you have created in error:

• Head over to your locations on your dashboard.
  • Click on the location.
  • Click Deactivate.

Let me know how this goes. 

As always, feel free to stop by The Community with question, concerns and even feature requests. We are more than happy to assist.

Welcome to Square. 

Ria
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 4

Thank you so much for answering!  I did do that and it's deactivated.  When I log into my account, I'm still be prompted to complete the setup for the physical location.  This is throwing me off.  Not sure what I need to do to stop that.  I only want the website to stay active. 

Message 3 of 4
Square Community Moderator

Glad I could help 🙂

The reason you're being prompted to complete the setup is because to process payments with square, the system encourages the account to be completely set up, however it is not a requirement.

If you want to avoid that screen and jump right over to your online store be sure to visit square.online instead of squareup.com 😊

Let me know how it goes. 

Ria
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 4 of 4