x

Samsung galaxy s20 magstrip reader

Need a reader compatible with the Samsung galaxy s20. S20 does not have a headphone jack, only has a charging port.

Message 1 of 57
1 Best Answer
Square Community Moderator

Best Answer

Hi there, @CWCF 👋 Thanks for reaching out!

You can check to see which Hardware is compatible with your specific device by visiting our Compatibility Resource Page. It will list each hardware option available to your device.

Let us know if anything else comes up. Cheers!

Joe
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

View Best Answer >

Message 4 of 57
56 REPLIES 56
Super Seller Alumni

I don't believe they make a Square Mag Stripe reader with a USB-C connection.

You CAN use this product, however:

https://squareup.com/shop/hardware/us/en/products/chip-credit-card-reader-with-nfc

Message 2 of 57

I bought one of those last year and returned it, because it never worked right.  😞   I just got the Galaxy S20 Ultra and now have no idea what I'm going to do.

Message 3 of 57

Best Answer

Hi there, @CWCF 👋 Thanks for reaching out!

You can check to see which Hardware is compatible with your specific device by visiting our Compatibility Resource Page. It will list each hardware option available to your device.

Let us know if anything else comes up. Cheers!

Joe
Message 4 of 57

I just purchased a Samsung Galaxy S20. It doesn’t have a headphone jack. What do I need to be able to use my Square reader. Square doesn’t even list the S20 under the Galaxy options.

Message 5 of 57

Are y'all having problems checking out appointments with the galaxy s20? I just got mine and when i charge the card on file, it wont show the appointment checked out...but it did charge the card, so it looks confusing like the appointment hasnt been charged! FRUSTRATING! If anyone has a solution, please let me know. Thx!

Message 6 of 57

How is Joe's reply the "Best Answer"? The page he refers to still doesn't even list the Galaxy S20 much less give us information on what device we can use to connect our readers!

Message 7 of 57

Hey @jjhogan10,

If it's not listed that would mean it is not tested/compatible. So his answer is the correct one. 

The devices listed can be clicked through and it will show which readers are compatible with that specific device.

Ashley C
Message 8 of 57
Beta Member

I have a Samsung Galaxy s20 and the two chip readers They do not fit. I use to have a Samsung Note 6 but it is old. The new phone is not on your Compatibility Resource Page.  What do I need to make this work?  Jody Douglas

Message 9 of 57

I have upgraded my phone to a New Samsung S21E which is not listed in the Compatibility Resource Page an too does not have a headphone jack. Can I get a contactless chip at no charge?

Message 10 of 57

Hello @camcnally2 

And welcome to the Seller community, we're thrilled to have you!

Unfortunately, only the Magstripe Reader is offered for free when you create an account. 

You can find adapters online so you can "convert" from the headphone jack to USB-C. 

Let us know if we can help! Thank you.

Frances
Message 11 of 57
Beta Member

There's a USB-c to Headphone Jack converter, it works excellent!

Message 12 of 57

Where can I find this converter?

Message 13 of 57

Walmart!

Message 14 of 57

I just found it on Amazon for under $8

Message 15 of 57

My Samsung Galaxy S20 paired with my reader yesterday. Verizon downloaded an update last night. Reader no longer pairs. What now?

Message 16 of 57

Hey @DianeSacto

We suggest you try some of the troubleshooting steps here. Also, are you pairing the reader in the Square app via Bluetooth? Please contact us to help you troubleshoot your device further if the solutions provided this not do the trick. 

Have a good day. 

Sayra
Community Moderator, Square // Moderadora de la Comunidad, Square
Inicie seción y haga clic en Marcar como "Mejor Respuesta" si mi respuesta contesta su pregunta.
Message 17 of 57

My error in writing my trouble note. The issue is with the contactless bluetooth reader. It worked perfectly prior to the Samsung update. It no longer functions. This may be an issue Square has to address with Samsung/Verizon.  If you have a solution I would love to hear it.  It costs me more to use your virtual terminal.

Message 18 of 57

@DianeSacto- Thanks for clarifying this for us. Have you tried to delete the Square app and upload it again? Also, does your mobile device have an option called Developer Options? This is usually located under Settings > Developer Options, if it does, please make sure this feature is turned off. 

Sayra
Community Moderator, Square // Moderadora de la Comunidad, Square
Inicie seción y haga clic en Marcar como "Mejor Respuesta" si mi respuesta contesta su pregunta.
Message 19 of 57

Hello Joe- I do not have a headset jack on my Samsung galaxy. I would like to purchase the reader for the USB-c as the website shows.  I have vendor fairs coming up adn need to get ready very soon.

Message 20 of 57

thank you all for the suggestion to use the wireless reader (costs $49). has anyone tried a headjack adapter?  i only do a few festivals and don't want to price my self out.... 

USB-C Headphone Jack Adapter by samsumg

Message 21 of 57