x

Samsung galaxy s20 magstrip reader

Need a reader compatible with the Samsung galaxy s20. S20 does not have a headphone jack, only has a charging port.

Message 1 of 57
1 Best Answer
Square Community Moderator

Best Answer

Hi there, @CWCF 👋 Thanks for reaching out!

You can check to see which Hardware is compatible with your specific device by visiting our Compatibility Resource Page. It will list each hardware option available to your device.

Let us know if anything else comes up. Cheers!

Joe
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

View Best Answer >

Message 4 of 57
56 REPLIES 56

I just bought an adapter (needs mic not just headphones) it does not work. The app says it's connected but is not reading cards. Plugged it in to another phone that's has aux and it works fine. I do not see on the market specific cords for this issue. Please help!

Message 22 of 57

Hey there @Sbrown10265 

At this time, while other sellers have been able to use a USB-C to Headphone Jack adapter and have been successful using the Magstripe reader on devices that do not have a Headphone Jack out of the box, we can only recommend the Square Reader for contactless and chip, as it connects to your device via Bluetooth.

I hope this information is helpful!

JJ
Message 23 of 57

This is NO freaking answer!  geez, come on. It shows on the Compatibility Resource Page that it IS Compatible! but it still does not work! Please tell us why or what we need to do?

Message 24 of 57

Hi @Jafox77,

Welcome to The Seller Community! Happy to answer that for you.

I am sorry for any confusion that our Device Compatibility page has caused. When I go to our list for the Samsung galaxy s20, I only show it is compatible with the Contactless and Chip reader. 

Are you inquiring about another device besides the  Samsung galaxy s20?

Thank you!

Message 25 of 57

my square does not fit my new galaxy S20 phone. My old phone was a galaxy S8

Message 26 of 57

samsung usb c to 3.5mm audio jack, from $5-$15

Message 27 of 57

I tried one of those, and while the cables do connect, the reader doesn't work.

Message 28 of 57

where can i purchase this? it is shown on the website, but only allows you to get a headset jack (which i have) and is useless to me.  thx.

Message 29 of 57

Is the Samsung Galaxy S20 compatible with Square chip reader?

Message 30 of 57

Hi @LBMC,

I moved your post to an existing thread that links our Compatibility page where you can check by device what hardware is compatible.

@Joe_ linked it above. 

Ashley C
Message 31 of 57

My S 20 ultra doesn't have a headphone jack it's now integrated their headphones with the charger and they both plug into the c port on the phone. Is there a card reader that plugs into c or is there another way?

Message 32 of 57

I just got the new Samsung Galaxy Note20 and I can not use the small reader in my phone, there is no connection for the plug. 

Does the new reader fit thus phone? 

Message 33 of 57

Hi @jsitlo and welcome to the Community.

I moved your post to an existing thread where our Compatibility page is linked and you can see which hardware of ours is compatible with your device.

If your device isn't listed- that would mean it's not tested/compatible. It sounds like you won't be able to use the magstripe reader if you don't have a headphone jack. You will need to see if any other readers are compatible on @Joe_'s link above. 

Ashley C
Message 34 of 57

Thank you for your quick response and help. 

Message 35 of 57

I have the exact same issue....the note 20 does not have the headphone jack....

Can i order another device?

Thanks

Marc A Chiffert,  P.E.

Message 36 of 57

I am trying to find out how to get a card reader that is compatible with the Samsung galaxy S20. It dont have a jack. Anyone able to help me?

Message 37 of 57
Admin

Hey @Scott--🌸

Please take a look at @Joe's best answer in this thread.

You can check to see which Hardware is compatible with your specific device by visiting our Compatibility Resource Page. This will show you what hardware we have that is compatible with your Samsung galaxy S20 and their price.

️ Isabelle | she/her
Seller Community & Super Seller Program Manager | Square, Inc.
Learn about the Super Seller program!
Message 38 of 57

I just bought a Samsung S20 a few days ago. The contactless/chip reader connected just fine. It's wireless via Bluetooth. I am vending tomorrow so I'll be able to use it. I discovered there is an adapter for USB C ports to headphone connections. I haven't bought it yet to try to connect the standard magstripe reader but I will try it out. They have them at Walmart and Amazon.

Message 39 of 57

Thinking of getting a Galaxy S20. What reader works with that? I now have  the little  one that plugs into the port. 

Message 40 of 57

Hi @KBFree 👋 You can view which hardware is compatible with your device by using our Compatibility Resource here.

Let us know if you have any questions!

Joe
Message 41 of 57

I got a new Samsung 20 FE this month and discovered today that there is no jack for my magstripe reader. Looking under Compatible Devices page, I see that this phone is not listed. Does anyone know if the contactless/chip reader work with this phone? Looks like I'm going to either have to buy a new reader of some sort or switch to another form of receiving payments.

Message 42 of 57