x

Selectable Variations

I'm trying to figure out the most streamlined and easy way to list my products to be able to sell. I make jewelry, cards, resin products, etc and almost every single one of my items is unique. I hate the idea of listing every single item separately, though, because it will make it really difficult to shop. I want to be able to list things as variations and when it's clicked on, have the individual picture to match, is this possible?

For example, I make lots of resin earrings but each pair is a unique shape, color, etc. I want to have an item called Resin Earrings, then variations like "Pink Teardrops," "Green Squares" etc and when you click on that option in the online store, that picture displays.

Listing every single pair of earrings, every card, etc as an individual item sounds both incredibly time consuming and too difficult to navigate in the online store for my customers. Can anyone give me some insight?

Thanks!

Message 1 of 6
1 Best Answer

Best Answer

HI, yes, you can add photos to link to their variation, see screenshot below. 

Having a large inventory of unique, one of a kind products is a business owner's dream.  Each item needs to be well displayed.  The majority of online shoppers know how to locate and search for their items.  To reduce your products to one listing with many different products is doing your business a disservice.  If a customer is searching for blue resin butterfly earrings and they need to search through 10+ variations, they would loose interest.  We are living in a microwave society, instant gratification. 

Best business practice, list each item separately with color or size variations.   

Screen Shot 2020-11-01 at 9.37.51 AM.png

Hope This Helps!
TERRI

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

Best Answer

HI, yes, you can add photos to link to their variation, see screenshot below. 

Having a large inventory of unique, one of a kind products is a business owner's dream.  Each item needs to be well displayed.  The majority of online shoppers know how to locate and search for their items.  To reduce your products to one listing with many different products is doing your business a disservice.  If a customer is searching for blue resin butterfly earrings and they need to search through 10+ variations, they would loose interest.  We are living in a microwave society, instant gratification. 

Best business practice, list each item separately with color or size variations.   

Screen Shot 2020-11-01 at 9.37.51 AM.png

Hope This Helps!
TERRI
Message 2 of 6
Beta Member

I am in the process of building my website. I'm struggling right now with my variations not showing up when I preview the page. When I look at the item, all the variations come up (color and size) and yet on the site in preview they do not appear. 

Message 3 of 6

HI, each variation has to have a price in the price column.

Hope this helps.
TERRI
Message 4 of 6
Beta Member

Hi Terri! Thanks for the quick reply. Every item (in this instance) polo has 4 colors to choose from along with a size to pick. Each items and size has a price in the price column.  In preview there is also not an option to select the item, color or size. 

Message 5 of 6

HI, review your Options and pricing Option Sets for Variations.

example: Option Set for Color and Option Set for Size

Screenshot 2023-02-18 at 6.42.08 AM.png

example: Variations with prices

Screenshot 2023-02-18 at 6.42.32 AM.png

example: Customer view

Screenshot 2023-02-18 at 6.45.03 AM.png

Hope this helps.
TERRI
Message 6 of 6