x

Transaction Detail report does not show which customer returned an item

I'm new to square and use the transaction detail report to do my accounting.

When I record sales, I use "Record Other Payment" as the payment method.  All of my customers are logged into my database.

On the transaction detail report (I export it to excel) the sale amount appears in the "Other Tender" column and the Customer Name and Customer Reference ID appear on the transaction detail report.  This is what I want.

But here's my problem: when I refund a customer for a specific item, her name and customer reference ID do NOT appear on the above excel file and this is a huge problem for me.

How do I get a report with the customer name and customer reference ID for returned items?

Thank you!

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Square Community Moderator

Hey @SalNY

You can export your customer Directory list to look at your customer's name, reference ID number, and Total Spend. However, we currently don't have a report that solely focuses on refunds and can provide their reference ID with it. You may want to look at Creating Custom Reports in the Online Dashboard.  

Sorry for the inconvenience. Let me know if you have any other questions. 

Sayra
Community Moderator, Square // Moderadora de la Comunidad, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Inicie seción y haga clic en Marcar como "Mejor Respuesta" si mi respuesta contesta su pregunta.
Message 2 of 8

Thank you.

Message 3 of 8

I still need help with this.

Will the Payment ID on the transaction csv file be the same for the original transaction as for the refund issued for that transaction?

Thank you

Message 4 of 8
Alumni

Jumping in for @sayra here, @SalNY!

I just tested this with my own account, and can confirm that although the Transaction ID will be different, the Payment ID will remain the same after you've marked a payment as refunded.

Valentina
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 5 of 8

Thank you!

Message 6 of 8

is there a report that shows details of RETURNS? 

Message 7 of 8
Square Community Moderator

Hey @14districts,

Thanks for writing in with this question!

The Sales Summary report includes return figures, but I'm wondering if you're after a report showing itemised returns? Let us know what exactly you're hoping to run so we can confirm. Looking forward to hearing back from you 🙂

Message 8 of 8