x

Why cant you edit the same page as your co editor?

I was working on a website with a friend when he asked me to look at the page he was working on. When I clicked on the page, I was told I couldn't look at the page because someone else was working on it; I found this strange since, as far as I'm aware, every other website editing software can allow two people to work on the same page together, but not Weebly. Why is this?

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Super Seller

@jamesgrantI think Weebly doesn't allow multiple log-ins to the same website, because multiple people cannot potentially edit the same site at the same time. Any edits anyone makes will not be "live" and show up on the Internet until the edits are "published". This pushes the new html and coding to the Internet to be viewed. I think this is to prevent any potential edits from being lost if more than one person is trying to do these tasks.

It may be possible to add a second person under TEAMS in your Square Dashboard, and have that person access website editing. I'm not sure if this will work, but you could investigate that chance.

The work around would be to have your friend make edits, and then publish the changes. Then from your location, you can refresh your browser and most likely will see the edits that were just completed. Another option may be use a third-party screen sharing program where you would be able to see/watch everything that your friend was doing on their screen while it was occurring.

Message 2 of 2