x

cash payment not an option at time of sale

Hey community!

Coming to you again. When testing my SQUARE POS with sales transactions, I do not have an cash purchase option listed.

Cash Management is enabled, The drawer starts with $250. The Cash Drawer is not visible as it's connected to a receipt printer.

What am I missing? My option at the moment is select charge, more, other payment types and I make a note "CASH"

thank you,

Message 1 of 5
1 Best Answer
Super Seller

Best Answer

Hello @CRoom !

It sounds like your cash transaction type may have been disabled. On your POS, go to More -> Settings -> Checkout -> Payment Types and find the Cash option. Make sure that's enabled and in the Main Payment Types section.

Ryan Wanner
Golden Pine Coffee Roasters
Colorado Springs, CO, USA

Super Seller: I know stuff.
Beta Tester: I break stuff.
he/him/hey you/coffee guy/whatever.

Happy Selling!

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Super Seller

Best Answer

Hello @CRoom !

It sounds like your cash transaction type may have been disabled. On your POS, go to More -> Settings -> Checkout -> Payment Types and find the Cash option. Make sure that's enabled and in the Main Payment Types section.

Ryan Wanner
Golden Pine Coffee Roasters
Colorado Springs, CO, USA

Super Seller: I know stuff.
Beta Tester: I break stuff.
he/him/hey you/coffee guy/whatever.

Happy Selling!
Message 2 of 5

thank you for this and I found the Square article to do the same thing. 

Unfortunately, I go to more, settings...... but checkout is not an option.

I have a list of the add-on's. Cash mgt, favorites, payment links, but no checkout. checkout is not listed as an add-on either.

any other suggestions would be appreciated.

Message 3 of 5
Super Seller

Are you using the Square Register? If you’re using the Square register then you have to change the payment types that you accept on the dashboard on your computer

Message 4 of 5
Super Seller

Yep what @ryanwanner said. Normally the cash option for payment is enabled by default but you probably accidentally toggled it off during setup and testing 

Message 5 of 5