x

Feature Request: BOGO (Buy one, get one) and other automatic discounts via my Square Online website

The title of this post has been edited from the original:  Can automatic discounts be used on the online store?

When I create automatic discounts, such as quantity or amount discounts, they work perfectly well on my point of sale but do not work on my online store.

Can anyone help me?

Thank you!

Message 1 of 186
1 Verified Answer
Verified Answer

Re: Buy 1 Get 1 Free Coupon on Square Website

Currently, the Online Store doesn't support Buy-one-get-one coupons. However, you can assign standard discounts to certain categories. From the site editor,  visit Items > Coupons > Add Coupon. You'll find an option to choose eligible categories under Discount Details at the bottom of the page. 

@be-the-light

1 Best Answer
Best Answer

Hey @Femme_Mecanique

As of right now, automatic discounts/coupons for Square Online is a feature request. I have passed this feedback along to our Product Team, and they're working on developing this feature.

While I have no timeline to share, I'll make sure to update this thread when I hear any news or announcements regarding this request

Isabelle She/Her

Seller Community Moderator, Square

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others!
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center

View Best Answer >

Message 69 of 186
185 REPLIES 185
Super Seller

I saw a thread on this earlier.  Automatic discounts do not work online. 

Message 2 of 186

Does you (or anyone) happen know if this feature will be added? Because we are only doing online sales (during COVID-19), it's difficult for us to honor the discounts we have already communicated to our customers.

Thanks.

Message 3 of 186
Square Community Moderator

Hi there, @Shannon-Soaked. Thanks for reaching out and checking in on this feature. We are actively working towards bringing Online Store discounts into the fold. We will continue to push out new updates here on this thread as we have more information to share. Thanks for your patience!

Joe
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 4 of 186

Need this added to the online store asap!!! PLEASE!!!

Message 5 of 186

Thanks for chiming in, @CrazyDave! Noted! We will update you here when we have news to share. Thanks so much! 

Joe
Message 6 of 186

I agree that this is needed asap. I am trying to drive traffic to my site and offer a discount for anyone who signs up for our mailing list. 

Message 7 of 186

Thanks for adding your voice here, @charmedbyu! We will continue to make updates and share them here. We appreciate your patience!

Joe
Message 8 of 186
Beta Member

HELP!!! When is this coming?  Its nonsense to have to put in sales prices for every item and then remove and the coupon does not help unless people willing to monkey around ... is there an update?  It's been 4 months?

Message 9 of 186
Admin

Thanks for commenting on this thread, @sipmike. I don't have any updates right now, but leaving your comment here will make it easier to notify you once this is an option.

Adam
Message 10 of 186

It is now August, what is the ETA of this?

I am just starting to setup My site, before I waste anymore time, is there a commerce solution that will let me offer a discount for buying 2 or more automatically?

Message 11 of 186

This seems to be one of the most commented on topics yet we haven't seen any progress on the issue. This is critical for online sales. If you cannot program your built-in online store to accommodate us, can you identify an e-commerce partner who does? Seriously, do you know how many times a day business owners ask other business owners for POS recommendations on social media? Up until this issue I've recommended Square. Unless we get a concrete result to this issue soon, you will be really hurting your reviews.

Message 12 of 186

I just read the post about Online discounts NOT WORKING FOR ONLINE SALES!"  I wished this had been made clear in the instructions for setting up a discount for items, as I only started my business with Square with online sales.  I went through the instructions more than once to make sure I had fulfilled the information correctly.  Only after I had a customer pay for her items and the discount didn't not work did I realize there was a problem.  When I couldn't get a representative to respond or an online chat response, I emailed asking for advice.  Today I used the community chats and I realize that my online marketing will have to been withdrawn and refund my customers for the discount they didn't receive.  This is a terrible inconvenience and a problem that could have been avoided if the proper instructions/information had been stated.  

Message 13 of 186

It would be such a plus if all my automatic  discounts would sync with my online store, especially now when i am pushing online orders prepaid instead of in person transactions because of Covid19

Message 14 of 186

Hey there @Ppfb

Thank you for reaching out in the Community! 

I see how this would benefit you and other sellers, especially during this time of COVID-19. This is great feedback for our Product Team, so I will go ahead and move your post to our Feature Request board. 

Kassi
Message 15 of 186

any update on this?

Message 16 of 186

Hopefully this request could be fulfilled sooner than later. I’ve been hoping for this since March 2020 (when I found out automatic discounts don’t sync). It’s been hard to run my business without my normal pricing. 

-Christa Salem
Message 17 of 186

Hello,

I own a bagel business and currently we are doing weekly deliveries online from the Square Online Store. We sell a bakers dozen of bagels for a reduced price however there is no way for people to choose a variation of bagels. Say they order the bakers dozen and would like 3 plain and 10 everything. I would add an automated discount at checkout but it is not an option in square online store. If the website may help, here it is: ethelsbagels.com

Thanks!

Message 18 of 186

Hey @EthelsBagels

Right now, automatic discounts cannot be applied thru the Online Store. For now, you'll need to create a Specific Items coupon code for your baker's dozen item. From your Online Store Dashboard, you'll see the option under Items > Coupons > Discount Details 

Justin
Message 19 of 186

I totally second this! I have a pastry truck and we sell our tarts in customized packs. We would love to be able to apply discounts automatically to our online store.

Message 20 of 186

We hear you, @bafranco1! Thanks for adding your voice here in support of this feature.

Going forward, we will use this thread to announce any updates or news regarding automatic discounts for the Online Store. Should anything come down the pipeline, we will vocalize it here.

Thanks, again!

Joe
Message 21 of 186