x

How do I delete an old bank account and add a new one?

How do I delete an old bank account and add a new one?

Message 1 of 71
1 Best Answer
Square

Best Answer

Happy to help clarify. To get going, you can link and edit your bank account directly from your Square Dashboard. Once you have your new bank account verficiation started, if you want to remove the previous one - just give us a call when you're free. After verifying some additional security details, we can can remove that account and assure that no other deposits are sent to it. Please keep in mind our phone lines are open  Monday - Friday from 6AM - 6PM PT. 👍

Sean
he/him/his
Product Manager | Square, Inc.

View Best Answer >

Message 5 of 71
70 REPLIES 70

is there a way that i can delete and account and start a new one? or delete the records shown?

Message 43 of 71

I have the same issue!

Message 44 of 71
Admin

Hello and welcome @stephanieosgood and @CPTPRD!

I've moved your post to this thread so you can see Sean's Best Answer above how to delete an old bank account and add a new one

Let me know if you have any other questions! 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 45 of 71

I need to stop money from depositing into my verified account while my new account is being verified. How do I stop deposits?

Message 46 of 71
Square Community Moderator

Hi @Kaylabka15

You'll want to get in contact with our Support Team directly so they can take care of this for you. 

Give them a call and they can remove the old bank account for you completely. 

Message 47 of 71

That would be great but there isn't a phone number for support ... 

Message 48 of 71
Super Seller

@1colorguru

https://squareup.com/help/contact

Click "Other"

Click "I don't see my issue"

Click "Call Support"

Write down your Customer Code

Call 1 (855) 700-6000

Message 49 of 71

This reply was created from merging an existing thread.

Will funds go to old account after editing and new account being verified 

Message 50 of 71
Super Seller Alumni

Yes, that's the way it works; until you get the new account verified, Square will continue depositing your funds into the old account.

Judy T Shumway
Message 51 of 71

the instructions don’t work for Weebly. We had to cancel our cc due to fraud. Deleted old cc on Weebly site and no option to add another. Square is separate  from Weebly and has not synced bank information. 

Message 52 of 71

Hi there, @Cvirostek6 - thanks for adding this clarification, its an important one.

If you are needing to reach our Weebly Support Team, you can do so here. They will give you best practices for updating your bank account associated with their services. 

Joe
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 53 of 71

I need to know how to remove my current bank account 

Message 54 of 71
Alumni

Hey @Candimturner, it looks like some other sellers had a similar question in this thread. Have a look at Sean's reply and let us know if you need any additional help! If you're wanting to remove your current bank account without adding one, you'll need to call us directly to have a Customer Success team member help with this.

Valentina
Message 55 of 71

The title of this thread has been edited from the original: How do I remove old account

I just changed my bank account. Now it has new and old. How do I remove old account Thanks.

Message 56 of 71
Alumni

@Grace60

The old bank account is still in place until your new bank account completes the verification process. Once your new bank account is successfully verified,  then will your old bank will unlink. 

Please note: funds will continue to transfer to your old bank during this time. To prevent this from happening, you'll need to contact Support directly to delete your old bank account. squ.re/contact 

Justin
Message 57 of 71

I need to remove my linked bank account but I do not want to add another one how can I just remove the bank account?

Message 58 of 71

Hi there, @Bowtiquebysj 👋 Thanks for reaching out to us here on the Seller Community!

At this time, there is no way to remove your bank account from the Online Dashboard without replacing it with a new account. However, if you reach out to our Support Team, they can help you remove the bank account altogether without a replacement.

For record keeping purposes, I've gone ahead and merged your post into an existing thread of Sellers who were also looking for this information.

Let us know if anything else comes up! 

Joe
Message 59 of 71

How do I deactivate my bank account from square. I'm not looking to switch or update accounts. I just would like to delete my only bank account that's currently linked to Square.

Message 60 of 71
Admin

Hey @Bjhive,

👋 Welcome to the Seller Community!

It looks like another seller brought up this question in How do I delete an old bank account and add a new one? Have a look at Sean's reply for next steps and let us know if any questions remain.

Hope this helps get you where you need to be!

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center
Message 61 of 71

I need help 

Message 62 of 71

i just changed to a new bank and added it to my account but now it is showing new bank and okd bank. how do i know which bank deposits will go to

Message 63 of 71