x
StellaMB

How do you block customer from making an appointment?

I would like to know the process of blocking someone from making an appointment with me online. Thank you. 

Tags (1)
Message 1 of 35
1 Best Answer

Accepted Solutions
Admin

Re: How do you block customer from making an appointment?

Best Answer

@StellaMB I see. 

There's not currently a way to blacklist or block a specific client from booking. 

You can maybe try using the No-Show Protection feature and require a card on file for booking.

If your client doesn’t show up, or cancels outside of your cancellation window, you can choose to enforce your cancellation policy and charge their card on file. 

Check out this article and hopefully this works for you:

Set a Custom Cancellation Policy with Square Appointments

Message 6 of 35
34 REPLIES 34
Alashabove

Yes I would also like to be able to block clients form making appointments .. or first time clients can't not book certain services 

Message 2 of 35
Admin

Hi there, 

were you looking to block a specific client or were you looking to have more control over accepting or declining appointments?

You can choose to have to Accept/Decline every appointment that is booked by your clients. This can be changed from your Calendar & Bookings section of your Appointments Dashboard. 

This would allow you to block specific clients from booking. 

Message 3 of 35
StellaMB

I have certain clients that always no show or bounce checks I want to disable them from booking with me. 

Message 4 of 35
StellaMB

I don't want to have to approve or decline every appointment in order to block a few people. 

Message 5 of 35
Admin

Best Answer

@StellaMB I see. 

There's not currently a way to blacklist or block a specific client from booking. 

You can maybe try using the No-Show Protection feature and require a card on file for booking.

If your client doesn’t show up, or cancels outside of your cancellation window, you can choose to enforce your cancellation policy and charge their card on file. 

Check out this article and hopefully this works for you:

Set a Custom Cancellation Policy with Square Appointments

Message 6 of 35
StellaMB

Can we make this a thing? 😁 It would be really nice. Talk to your people. Making me double think my decision to move to square appointments. 

Message 7 of 35
Juliereneewolf

Yes I want this feature too!

Message 8 of 35
JHelwig

Especially for a Massage Therapist, this is crucial. If I have a client come in and sexually harass me, I need to know that they will never be able to book with our company again. Please push for a black list. Its for the saftey of our Service Providers. 

Message 9 of 35
VHMmassage

I am a male therapist and I second this recommendation. As a male, we also can have female clients sexually harass us or stalk us. I really would love to be able to block a specific client from booking. 

Message 10 of 35