x

Move Transaction from one employee to another

One of my employees rung up a customer while the register still had the other employee logged in.

Our employees get a commission on gross revenue from the services they sell...so I need to move that transaction from one employee to another.

How do I do that?

Thanks.

Message 1 of 36
35 REPLIES 35
Beta Member

Any update on this feature request? I run a salon with several stylists working on one client at any given time and the books are off weekly. It is a HUGE inconvenience that I can't switch who gets credit for services.

Message 22 of 36

I agree.  This feature seems like a no-brainer and I don't understand why this hasn't been developed yet.  I've seen posts about this feature being needed since 2017.  This really seems quite ridiculous at this point.  There are a number of other POS systems that are much more responsive to customer needs.  I'm thinking about switching to another provider.  This isn't the only issue that I find challenging with Square.

Message 23 of 36
Beta Member

The ability to transfer transactions is critical. If this cannot be changed, I will need to move to a different POS system. 

Message 24 of 36

Paying $45 (CAD) a month for Team Management, and there's no way to transfer a closed sale from one team member to another? 

This is a serious issue for commission reports. I saw another thread on this topic that is 3 years old! When is this feature going to be available?

I need to be able to do this. 

Message 25 of 36
Beta Member

I agree. It is extremely important that this feature is added to Square, or I will have to change to another POS. It's really disappointing to see that after 3+ years of this topic being discussed that nothing has been done. It is throwing off the books. When will this be available!?

Message 26 of 36

This is my first week on this system and it will be imperative that I have this feature.  We will not stay with square if it’s not added. 

Message 27 of 36

This is BS. Basic feature that other POS systems have. How has this not been addressed yet?

Message 28 of 36
Beta Member

I can't believe this was first posted 4 YEARS ago and there has been no progress made. This is ridiculous.

Message 29 of 36

How is that other software companies have been doing this for years but Square can’t figure out this simple feature?? When we have commissioned employees it should certainly be an easy switch when one of them rings up under the wrong number. As the owner, I should be able to switch the sale to the correct employee. 

Message 30 of 36

Today at just after 11:00 PST, our square terminal reset itself and removed the login codes for the terminal. All sales were rung in under the Business, and not under the employees that make commission on sales. 

Now I am reading across multiple threads that there is no way to Edit these transactions retroactively. 

Square. Get your s***t together. People have been asking for this ability to reassign transactions to the correct cashier for 5 YEARS!!!

This was not our error. Your terminal reset itself and removed our passcode settings. 

I am absolutely switching POS providers after this. So fed up with the Square lack of service and care for its customers.

Message 31 of 36
Square Community Moderator

Hi @Merchant_Barber,

Thanks for reaching out! Wow, I am so sorry for this inconvenience and not ideal for running business. 

Yes, at the moment you are unable to adjust transaction details for any completed payment.

The Square Terminal does have automatic updates but that does not remove any settings like passcodes.  It sounds like it was factory reset. If you haven't spoken with our support team I would suggest reaching out 1-855-700-6000 squ.re/contactsqsupport . They can investigate further on their end than I can. 

I also suggest submitting a feature request for editing completed payments. This will help our Product Team get visibility and track other Sellers’ interest in your request.

I know this is immediate resolution but hopefully moving forward this is a feature Square will have available. 

Message 32 of 36

Is this still not a feature? This can NOT be that hard to implement.

Message 33 of 36
Beta Member

This has been a request since 2017 and on another thread a Square representative stated that this feature has been, "asked by many sellers." When is this going to be a feature? Who do we need to talk to? Why is the Product Team ignoring customers input year after year? Perhaps it would help if the Product Team asked sellers who actually use the software daily.

Message 34 of 36
Square Community Moderator

Great question @user12039123 - the best way to get this request to our product team would be to add it to our Ideate Board.

Our developers use the ideate board as a tool to gather information on features to implement into the system and to review the urgency of the request. Although the sellers do review each request, they are unable to guarantee the time frame for which each request will be implemented. 

Feel free to add your input to the Ideate Board at your earliest convenience. 

Ria
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 35 of 36
Beta Member

Thank you for this information! I greatly appreciate your help and suggestion. I'll definitely do that.

Message 36 of 36