x

Label Printing Formatting

Beta Member

Label Printing Formatting

I would love to print labels through Square, however the format is SO limited, with zero room for customization, that it forces me to use other 3rd party apps such as LabelLive for my shelf tags and labels.

Having dynamic placeholders for Textboxes + Images to automatically populate a shelf tag with your chosen queue or items (either scanned in or manually selected) would increase the productivity of the square for retail app by tenfold. I'm not paying extra just so I can print a barcode when the feature is so limited that it feels like it got the bare minimum of development dollars. Surprising for such a large corporation as Square.

31 Comments

I didn't see an option, and would love to be able to put my store's name on labels we create

Admin

Thanks for your post @SavannahLionGam! You're right, at this time it's not possible to include your business name on the bar code labels created with Square for Retail. I can see how being able to include your name or logo would be very useful and I'll share your request with the Square for Retail team.

(If anyone else would be interested feel free to post here too!)

I would really like to customize the retail labels to include the store name and address.  I am new to square and am frustrated that printing retail price tags is such a hassle to begin with!

Has anyone figured out a way to do this?

So we came up with a roundabout solution using a dymo labelwriter. We took our logo and name and ran it through dymo's program and printed out the entire roll upside down and rerolled it to now use it in square. Its not a perfect solution, but it works for us at the moment. 

I'm chiming in here to see if theres been any progress made on this issue of store name getting printed on sku labels. 

Alumni

No update yet sadly @bramble79

I have recently switched to square and the label making and limited sizes with no custom options is disappointing. Branding on your labels or price tags is basic marketing 101. Even the old school pricing  label guns from decades ago held stickers with your logo on them. This isn’t a new concept so the fact that this system didn’t think of that to begin with is surprising. And the requests by users for more options appear to be years old with no update. I think it’s also crazy that if you’re printing directly from the dashboard you have to search the items to print by PO or category. When you have hundreds of items in a category no one wants to have to hand select the few may need to print by scrolling through and looking for them amongst a ton of similar items. Why not have a print by date entered so that the most recent received inventory gets its labels all in one place? Not all of our vendors work with PO so in order to select items that way you have to go through the additional step of making your own.  

I could not agree more!!! Super frustrating!! 

Square Community Moderator
Status changed to: Reviewed

Hello @JoyOne ,

Thanks for submitting to our Ideate Board. This is a great callout. I completely understand needing to have more customization with the label printing. 

At this moment this is not something our Retail Product Team currently has planned. If you know other sellers who would like this feature implemented please have them share their business needs for it on this thread. We will certainly keep an eye on this post and keep you updated as we have more information. 

I appreciate you reaching out and sharing how this feature is beneficial to your business. This truly helps our Product Team get more insight. Thanks again! 

Beta Member

We are also paying for a third party label printer and would love to print straight from Square. It's "Square for Retail". Doesn't Square understand how important it is for retail stores to be able to print custom price tags??