x

Using Square Invoicing with ShipStation fulfillment?

Beta Member

Using Square Invoicing with ShipStation fulfillment?

I just signed up for the free ShipStation trial because I use Square for my payments and invoicing and was looking for a way to automate my shipping and I saw that Square was connected so I got exite. (I currently use GoShippo which is okay but I still have to manually enter each order/address and there is no customer address book.)

However, I just now realized (after signing up, of course!) that I don't actually have a Square store that utilizes orders. I input orders manually into the Square POS app and then create and email an invoice. Is it possible to somehow still sync these "orders" with ShipStation? It looks like I can create a customer address book there, so that's a bonus, but I'd love to be able to ask for their shipping info and then have that sync to ShipStation after they enter and pay their invoice.

I'm just hoping there's a way to get more automation than I currently have. I don't need a TON of major business use (I might have 20 packages on a good month) but I love automation... Any guidance you can give would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Jen

29 Comments
Admin

Hey @hudson2001! I'm afraid that ShipStation is designed to manage Online Store orders only. If you're using Square Invoices you won't be able to benefit from this integration. I'm sorry for the disappointment! 😞 

You can request your client's shipping address from a Square Invoice, and view their information from your online Square Dashboard when they've paid the invoice.

I'll share your interest with automated shipping for Square Invoices with the appropriate teams here, I definitely see how it would save time and benefit your business, and others'! We'll let you know about any future updates or integrations here.

I'd very much like this, too.  Shipstation works great for online store orders, but I process most of my shipments as PO's or check orders.  A way to push an invoice over to Shipstation to create an order would be wonderful.

I would definitely benifit frifthis addition also. Thanks .

I just integrated shipstation and found out it does not sync invoices. Is there another shipping platform I could use? 

Square Community Moderator

Hi @Jeff1948 and welcome to the Community! 

I moved your post to a relevant thread in our Community around invoicing and ShipStation.

@Helen listed a workaround above to invoice the customer for their shipping address. 

Unfortunately it looks like most of our partnered companies work through Online Store orders only but if I find one where you're able to still utilize invoices, I'll come back to this thread to let you know. 

Beta Member

Any progress or updates with this? I am still hoping to one day be able to import Square invoices in to ShipStation.

Beta Member

ZenSales works with Square invoices so the potential is there. 

Admin

@TheBowtree

Our integration with Shipstation was with the Square Online Store.  It does not have a direct link at this time to Square Invoices, but this is something we can take to our Partnerships team. 

Shipstation does create and manage their Integration with Square, so you may want to reach out to their dev team to see if they also could iterate this request.

Please do contact the partnership team.  I have discussed this with Shipstation support, and they said they couldn't move forward without you guys.

Square Community Moderator

Thank you for the feedback! Yes, I will go ahead and pass this on to our Partnership Team.