x

Pickup & Delivery for Square Online site with multiple locations?

[The title of this thread has been edited from the original: Pickup & delivery for multiple locations and online stores]

Is there a way that an online store page can be linked to a specific location. I design stores for clients and many are food trucks s  I have one that has  3 stores within their site (2 for curbside pickup and 1 for deliveries) and when you set the item to “default location” they all 3 show up.

I also saw that they have released a feature that separates pickup and delivery times when you edit locations. When will that feature be rolled out to everyone?

Message 1 of 27
1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

Hey @N9NE25Creative-

Thanks for posting in the Seller Community.

For Pickup, multi-location is supported in that customers can choose to pick up from a list of different locations, and inventory is decremented accordingly.

I think what you're looking for is to have a page within your Square Online site for each location. I tested the following on my own account, and I think it would work for you:

Prior to this, I had an item that was available at two of my locations, and when I went to add it to my cart in the Square Online site, two pickup locations showed...

Then, I went to Items in the Dashboard, I selected an item, and changed its location to just one location rather than all of my locations:

From there, I went back to my store to confirm that just the one location I wanted would show up as a pick up option:

And it worked! While not ideal, this is a way you could just assigned certain items to certain locations, and then organize your pages based on location. Would that work for you until we find a more optimized way to manage items with multiple locations?

Let me know! 

***Also, please excuse the odd item name and fake location addresses used on my demo Square account for screenshot/troubleshooting purposes. 

️ Isabelle | she/her
Seller Community & Super Seller Program Manager | Square, Inc.
Learn about the Super Seller program!

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 27
26 REPLIES 26
Admin

Best Answer

Hey @N9NE25Creative-

Thanks for posting in the Seller Community.

For Pickup, multi-location is supported in that customers can choose to pick up from a list of different locations, and inventory is decremented accordingly.

I think what you're looking for is to have a page within your Square Online site for each location. I tested the following on my own account, and I think it would work for you:

Prior to this, I had an item that was available at two of my locations, and when I went to add it to my cart in the Square Online site, two pickup locations showed...

Then, I went to Items in the Dashboard, I selected an item, and changed its location to just one location rather than all of my locations:

From there, I went back to my store to confirm that just the one location I wanted would show up as a pick up option:

And it worked! While not ideal, this is a way you could just assigned certain items to certain locations, and then organize your pages based on location. Would that work for you until we find a more optimized way to manage items with multiple locations?

Let me know! 

***Also, please excuse the odd item name and fake location addresses used on my demo Square account for screenshot/troubleshooting purposes. 

️ Isabelle | she/her
Seller Community & Super Seller Program Manager | Square, Inc.
Learn about the Super Seller program!
Message 2 of 27

[This reply was created from merging an existing thread]

I have been using Square with 4 locations.  Each location has somewhat different menu and price.  Recently, we started using the Online store for only 1 location.  Now we would like to add more stores to the online store, how do we do that?  We only offer pickup. (no shipping nor delivery).

1.  Can I control each location inventory separately with 1 Online stores but 4 locations?

2.  Or we have to have 4 individual online stores?

3.  How can we set up the 2nd online store without interrupting the ongoing business of #1 Online store?  Cus once we turned on the store for pickup, it immediately shows on the checkout page with the 2nd store choice...

4.  May be please tell me how to open up the 2nd location on the Online store without affecting anything on the first location ongoing activities until we finish editing the 2nd location?

Message 3 of 27
Alumni

Hi @JKW,

I've gone ahead and moved your post to this thread touching on some key features of creating an online store with inventory and pick up.

All in all, the best workaround would be to create a new page on your website linked to your new location, and manage the inventory to appear on each page/location itself. 

Please let me know if you have any other questions by replying to this thread. 

Alex_
Community Moderator, Square // Moderador de la Comunidad, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Inicie seción y haga clic en Marcar como "Mejor Respuesta" si mi respuesta contesta su pregunta.
Message 4 of 27

We have setup an online weebly/square site for curbside pickup which has worked well so far at our main location.  We want to add a new location for a summer farmer's market with a limited menu and just Saturday pickup. I see how to setup the locations and days/times but  how will people ordering online be able to select pickup at our farmer's market rather than regular storefront?  Items at the farmer's market are available at both locations but not the inverse.  I tested it but couldn't see a way to select a pickup location when I place an order. thanks

Message 5 of 27
Alumni

Hey @pourrichards - First, make sure to create multiple locations in Dashboard under Account & Settings > Business > Locations. Once created, they will sync to your Online Store Dashboard where you're able to customize Pickup Settings per location. 

I merged you to a thread that provides a workaround to assign certain items to certain locations. Your customer will see available pick up locations at checkout. 

Justin
Community Moderator, Square
Message 6 of 27

This reply was created from merging an existing thread: Can I integrate my 2 cafes into one online store?

I have 2 cafes that I am currently running and maintaining product on two separate online square platforms.  So technically the 2 cafe's inventory or sales number never talk. I have to place information on each online store separately. How can I run both my cafe's all on one online store platform? 

Message 7 of 27
Alumni

Hi hi and welcome to the Seller Community, @kat53!

I've moved your post over to this thread where @isabelle provided some really helpful information that I believe is exactly what you're looking for. If this isn't what you're looking to do, please let me know + provide some additional detail so I can dig in with you a bit more!

Valentina
Message 8 of 27
Beta Member

I have multiple locations as well. Under weebly "settings" and "general" I can only insert one store location in there as "store information" and that address PRINTS on the receipt confusing customers at my other locations.

I don't want my office address there as any questions would need to be handled by each specific location.

Is there a way that multiple locations can print their specific location on the ticket at the bottom instead of using this general "store information" ?

Message 9 of 27
Beta Member

I have set-up a secondary location in my Square POS to begin selling new products, completely different from my current business that is a restaurant.

I'm able to create items and set them up for just the new location and create an Online Checkout Link for the items.

Once I try to open the link, the page says the item is unavailable.

I have an online store for my restaurant, and when I go to the online store dashboard it says that the item is unavailable at the location, because the new item is not active in the restaurant location, but only for the new location.

How can I manage to keep the to locations and businesses separated but still being able to sell online since we cannot have multiple online stores?

Message 10 of 27
Alumni

Hello @ekoapoke,

Check out this thread for help on setting up multiple locations with your online store. Please let me know if you have any other questions .

Alex_
Inicie seción y haga clic en Marcar como "Mejor Respuesta" si mi respuesta contesta su pregunta.
Message 11 of 27

Since you can't hide categories, could you use the locations option as a workaround for that? Not being able to hide categories in the online store is creating a huge issue for me, in terms of order errors and employee time.

We offer certain items for sale during certain times of the day - for example, we only offer brunch on weekends. On Saturdays we offer both brunch and dinner, but dinner items are not available during brunch, and brunch items are not available during dinner. Currently, I have to delete categories whose items are not available for purchase (ie, brunch), then when brunch is available again, I have to recreate that category, add every single item, and its variables and modifiers, and delete the other categories that are not available. Then, when brunch is over, I have to delete it, again, and recreate every other category, with every other item and their associated variables and modifiers.  Frustrating to say the least. 

Could I create a brunch location, with those items set up in that location, and only make that location - assuming all items and their associated variables and modifiers are saved - available during brunch hours, then deactivate that location once brunch is over?

Message 12 of 27
Alumni

Hi @SugarMagnolia,

Please check out this thread for tips on location management. You are correct, at the moment we do not have a way to hide certain it categories at will, but we will be sure to escalate your feedback to the appropriate parties. 

Please let me know if you have any other questions by replying to this thread. 

Alex_
Message 13 of 27

We have multiple locations and are consistently having customers order for the wrong location through the Online Store.  Is anyone else having this issue?  Any tips?  Its causing massive headaches and not sure how to remedy.  Is there a way to make a customer choose their location at the beginning of the ordering process that Im missing somewhere?

Message 14 of 27
Admin

Hey @darrta25- There's not an easy way to differentiate locations right from the start. But Isabelle_ shares a good workaround here that'll hopefully help lead your customers to the right location a bit more easily.

Bea_
Beta Community Manager, Square
Join the Beta Community
Evaluate | Influence | Engage
Message 15 of 27

would this choice of location pop up as customer orders? or would it be defaulted to a certain location. would it be possible to be left unchosen and then requiring customer to select, to ensure the correct location they wish to order?>

Message 16 of 27
Beta Member

Hi Olive_ - I know this is a couple of years old but I'm having an issue with multiple locations maybe you could help. 

I have each ITEM available at only ONE location.  I have multiple locations.  When a customer selects Pickup on the item page they have to choose from ALL my locations even though only ONE location has the item as available.  I can have up to 50 locations going at one time so its super confusing to my customers.  Have you run into this?  I wish only the locations where the item is available would show up.  Thank you!

Chris

Message 17 of 27

Hi, in multilocation scenario, how does the location get to know about the order placed? For instance, if the customer orders online, and selects the location for pickup. How does the specific location get to know electronically that they have to prepare the order, without any human intervention of sifting the orders by location?

Message 18 of 27
Square Community Moderator

Welcome to the Community, @KAYZCHEF

Normally, when an order is placed it will go to the default location on the Online Store. Do you have multiple Online Stores set up for each of your locations? 

Or do you have a different set up?

I will keep an eye out for your reply👀

Kassi
Message 19 of 27
Beta Member

At the time I was setting it up through Square there was no way to get multiple stores to react separately.  I moved over to a third party group called Kyoo (approved by square) and they did that for me.  I’m very happy with the results.  They import all the data so you don’t have to input it again.  They also send a separate by store email for each order so I can use a bluetooth speaker to make a loud sound when the order arrives.  Their fee is reasonable too

Message 20 of 27

One online store with multiple locations for delivery. A customer will order online and select the location to pickup from.

So before the customer picks up, the order needs to be prepared by the location .. Therefore, we expect the order initiation (i.e. after payment) to be looked at by that location only, to prepare and be ready for it to be picked up.by he customer.

I expect that either the location views the order to prepare in the Square POS on their phones, OR be able to receive an email intimation with order details, OR be able to login with their ID on the square portal. 

Message 21 of 27