x

Feature Request: Adding Afterpay to the Square Website as a payment option

We were looking at Afterpay for our square website online store and wondered if anyone knew if this was possible?

Message 1 of 169
1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

EDIT 01/01/2022: Afterpay is now available with Square Online! We'll continue to work on integrating Afterpay across Square's product ecosystem, availability with Square Online is just the start ๐Ÿ™‚

EDIT 02/08/2021: Square has just announced plans to acquire Afterpay. While we don't have integration timelines to share at the moment, read our update for more!

--------

@jhughe @Handpoked I totally understand the frustration here - having read and responded to dozens of comments such as yours over a long period of time, I'm aware of the impact that a lack of Afterpay support has on Square Online sellers who value having it as a payment method.

You won't currently find a bigger internal advocate for Afterpay support at Square than myself, and the feedback and comments we see on our Seller Community are something I regularly pass on to internal teams.

Seamus
Square, Australia
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

View Best Answer >

Message 82 of 169
168 REPLIES 168

My customers are experiencing the same issue. 

Message 127 of 169
Square Community Moderator

@SweetRelief @Haylz82 Our engineers are working on the issue with shipping address in AU but in the meantime, we've disabled Afterpay for Australia so that your buyers can check out as expected with no error. We'll have a fix in place early in the day US and Afterpay will be restored with no action on your part. Very sorry for this issue!

@Deadstokd I sent you a DM but your issue appears to be unrelated so I need a bit more detail about exactly what you're seeing.

Barbara_b
Square Online Beta Manager
Join the Beta Community
Evaluate | Influence | Engage
Message 128 of 169

My customers are experiencing the same issues with the addresses. Can you please look into this wonโ€™t let them check out because itโ€™s giving a address error. 

Message 129 of 169
Beta Member

My customers are having the same trouble ๐Ÿ˜ฅ๐Ÿ˜ฅ

Message 130 of 169
Admin

@Haylz82 It looks like Afterpay shouldn't yet be available for delivery orders - we're looking further into this at the moment!

Seamus
Square, Australia
Message 131 of 169

@SweetRelief @Deadstokd At this time, Afterpay is not supported for delivery orders at all. The option should not be showing up if you have delivery selected as the fulfillment. I've tested on your sites and several others and I'm not able to get Afterpay when I select delivery. Can you send me a DM and let me know step by step how you're getting to this error so we can dig a little deeper?

Barbara_b
Join the Beta Community
Message 132 of 169

renmishele

you will find i think that you can put it on your store now

Message 133 of 169

We're you doing a test delivery  to yourself,  try another  address  see what happens

Message 134 of 169
Beta Member

I enabled Afterpay yesterday, but now the option doesn't appear with my other payment options.  Anyone else having this problem?

Message 135 of 169
Admin

@renmishele @jhughe Afterpay should be good to go again!

@renmishele when testing, are you ensuring that:

• The transaction is $50 - $2000
  • The order is either pickup up shipping (local delivery isn't available at the moment)
Seamus
Square, Australia
Message 136 of 169
Beta Member

Mine still is not working for shipping. 

error message โ€œ your address is out of the merchant delivery areaโ€ 

Message 137 of 169
Beta Member

I can use AfterPay for a PICKUP ORDER 

Still get an error for shipping orders

Message 138 of 169
Admin

@Haylz82 I tested this just now and was not able to replicate it - if you're comfortable sharing your website address I can take a look for you!

Seamus
Square, Australia
Message 139 of 169
Beta Member

Message 140 of 169
Beta Member

I have just tried again and itโ€™s working 

thank you 

Message 141 of 169
Admin

Good to hear @Haylz82! Thanks for your patience as our team have worked to smooth out a couple of kinks here!

Seamus
Square, Australia
Message 142 of 169
Beta Member

Now the option for Afterpay has disappeared all together.  Under my settings, in checkout Afterpay doesn't show up as an option anymore.  I spoke with someone via chat and they told me that the feature isn't available until the 10th and they didn't know how I was seeing it in the first place.  My guess is that is why ppl are having issues, because it hasn't actually rolled out yet.

Message 143 of 169
Admin

@renmishele are you using a Square Online website or a Weebly Classic website? 

Seamus
Square, Australia
Message 144 of 169
Beta Member

square online I believe

Message 145 of 169

@renmishele - Unfortunately during the launch on Monday, the Afterpay option was shown to a small number of merchants who are not currently eligible. That has since been removed and we're working on expanding eligibility. I hope to have an update for you shortly!

Barbara_b
Join the Beta Community
Message 146 of 169
Beta Member

Thanks Barbara,  Is there a way for me to know why I wasn't eligible?  And will I be eligible on the 10th when the official rollout starts?

Message 147 of 169