x

Feature Request: Adding Afterpay to the Square Website as a payment option

We were looking at Afterpay for our square website online store and wondered if anyone knew if this was possible?

Message 1 of 169
1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

EDIT 01/01/2022: Afterpay is now available with Square Online! We'll continue to work on integrating Afterpay across Square's product ecosystem, availability with Square Online is just the start ๐Ÿ™‚

EDIT 02/08/2021: Square has just announced plans to acquire Afterpay. While we don't have integration timelines to share at the moment, read our update for more!

--------

@jhughe @Handpoked I totally understand the frustration here - having read and responded to dozens of comments such as yours over a long period of time, I'm aware of the impact that a lack of Afterpay support has on Square Online sellers who value having it as a payment method.

You won't currently find a bigger internal advocate for Afterpay support at Square than myself, and the feedback and comments we see on our Seller Community are something I regularly pass on to internal teams.

Seamus
Square, Australia
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

View Best Answer >

Message 82 of 169
168 REPLIES 168
Square Community Moderator

@renmishele Afterpay for Square Online is fully launched at this point. If you don't have the option in your checkout settings, it means your account is currently not eligible. On February 10, we will begin turning Afterpay on for the merchants who have not already enabled it or opted out but if you're not eligible at this time, nothing will change on the 10th. 

We are working on expanding eligibility to more merchants so keep an eye out for updates. 

Barbara_b
Square Online Beta Manager
Join the Beta Community
Evaluate | Influence | Engage
Message 148 of 169
Beta Member

Hi Barbara,

I found out that I was ineligible because I have two TINs associated with my account.  When I first signed up for square it wouldn't take my EIN number so I used my SSN.  Is there a way for me to clear this up?  

Message 149 of 169

@renmishele , As I said, at this time, your account is ineligible. We are working on expanding eligibility to more merchants so stay tuned for updates.

Barbara_b
Join the Beta Community
Message 150 of 169

They turned it off for au why they put a fix in for the addresses issue that everyone was having in au

Message 151 of 169

I canโ€™t even get the afterpay logo to show up so I can toggle it on 

Iโ€™ve had a merchant number for 12 months and not been able to use it yet . Nearly upgraded to a different system when I heard it was eventually coming but it doesnโ€™t show on our dashboard anywhere so I can finally get started  . 

Message 152 of 169
Admin

@paintimperfect it sounds like your business type might be one of the ones not currently supported. If you'd like to send me a DM I can take a further look into it, if your business has been misclassified somewhere support may possibly be able to help you get things going.

Otherwise, you can take a look at Afterpay's terms here which has more info about businesses they're not able to support.

Seamus
Square, Australia
Message 153 of 169

I am totally clueless as how to DM you 

Message 154 of 169

paintimperfect

click on seamus icon and should come up with send message

Message 155 of 169

jhughe_0-1643855944155.png

Message 156 of 169

So it does not work for items that need to be shipped? My customers are getting a address error?

Message 157 of 169

@Deadstokd I believe I sent you a private message the other day but the issue you're experiencing is different from the problem that was identified and resolved for Australian merchants. If you can reply to my private message with the details of what you're seeing, we'll get it figured out.

Barbara_b
Join the Beta Community
Message 158 of 169

Iโ€™ve responded to your private message.

Message 159 of 169

Thank you so very much for your assistance . We have afterpay enabled now . So very grateful .

Message 160 of 169

I have been having the same issue. I have tried tweaking the settings and now my items are showing as 'Not available' and I still have no AfterPay ๐Ÿคฆ๐Ÿปโ€โ™€๏ธ๐Ÿ˜ฉ

Message 161 of 169
Admin

If you've not already @FirstClassMetal, please get in touch with support - they will be able to look into your account back end and work out what's happening with both your items and whether or not the account is eligible for Afterpay. You can call our support team on 1800 760 137. Lines are open Mon-Fri, 9am-5pm Melbourne time.

Seamus
Square, Australia
Message 162 of 169

Thank You

Message 163 of 169

Hi @CalTyz,

I noticed it's your first post, welcome to our community ๐Ÿ‘‹ 

If Afterpay isn't appearing as an option for you under Settings > Checkout or Shared Settings > Checkout in your Square Online dashboard, please reach out to support so we can take a look at your account and let you know whether you're eligible for Afterpay. Give us a call on 1800 760 137 (Mon-Fri, 9am-5pm Melbourne time), when you have a moment. 

Message 164 of 169

I have tried to add Afterpay to my website by enabling the option in the dashboard. Unlike Paypal it is not showing up as "connected" in the dashboard? And isn't showing up as an available option at checkout on our website.

Is there anything else I need to do?

Thanks in advance,

Callie

Message 165 of 169
Beta Member

I am fuming as a couple of weeks ago I could take instore afterpay payments, today I complete a job and Afterpay is disabled for this merchant pops up. What the hell! no notification, nothing! I just cannot believe this has happened like this.

Message 166 of 169

Hi @marcandhismower ! If you were previously accepting Afterpay in-person through a direct integration with Afterpay, your account should have been migrated to the new Square integration without any interruption in service. There were several notifications to this group of sellers. I'm looking into the issue with your account and will follow up shortly. Very sorry for the issue!

Barbara_b
Join the Beta Community
Message 167 of 169
Beta Member

Thankyou I am awaiting a fast solution. Afterpay have said that is is a change at your end and will be sending notification tomorrow.

Message 168 of 169