x
Admin

Welcome to the Retail and eCommerce Group! ๐Ÿ›’๐Ÿ›

Hello, and welcome to the Retail and eCommerce group in Seller Community! ๐Ÿ‘‹

We launched this group to connect retail sellers and provide a place to share tips, knowledge, ideas, and more. 

If you're new to the group, feel free to reply here and introduce yourself and your business, or start a new thread about anything you want!

If you haven't already joined the group, visit the group home page and click the "Join Group Hub" button.

We're looking forward to getting to know you! ๐Ÿ˜Š

Elisabeth (she/they)
Join a Group to connect with other business owners like you!
Message 1 of 152
151 REPLIES 151
Square Champion

Hi Sharon!!  Super cool.  Just followed you on IG.  We are @theoldtownsoapcompany ๐Ÿ˜‰ 

Message 85 of 152

Hello Ernestine, your website is beautiful and the mission of your
company is too!

Just followed you back on IG.

Sharon from Sun to Moon Farm

Message 86 of 152

Hello..Ive created a second website for my location..as an online only seller of a separate brand.  How do I direct the sales through this site...only have those items for that site on that site and...have the receipts etc reflect that brand.  

My two sites are Issaquah Coffee and Grand Champion.  I dont want Issaquah logo's to print on Grand Champion receipts.  And, dont need all the items from issaquah to be available on the Grand Champion site.  I want them separate.

Also...subscriptions.  I have created individual monthly or bi weekly subscriptions.  I dont know how to allow a customer to change the quantity, add notes, add ship to, or, add link at the top in the directory to the Subscriptions.

Thanks..Mike

Message 87 of 152
Beta Member

Hello Community Members! Jessica here, from VA. I am a passionate advocate of continuous learning, personal growth, being of service to others, creativity, curiosity, and adventure!

I immensely enjoy reading, learning about technology/blockchain, writing, research, and analysis - you know, the typical nerdy stuff. Gardening, music, enjoying nature, and creating art, are some of my favorite pastimes.

I joined the Community to listen and learn from others; and to share my thoughts, experiences, and pain points.

I am looking forward to engaging & networking with this Community!

I appreciate the opportunity.

Best,

Jessica

PREVAEL, Owner & Creator

PREVAEL Life. Style. Brand.

@prevael

@prevael_brand

@PREVAEL_LSB

@prevael.com

Hereโ€™s one link for quick access to The Brand: Build & Connect With PREVAEL

[INSERT SHAMELESS PLUG๐Ÿ˜Šโคต๏ธ]

PREVAEL is a custom Life.Style.Brand., dedicated to designing premium quality apparel and essentials to positively inspire and influence the extraordinary call to thrive with intentional purpose.

PREVAEL creates, designs & manufactures premium, custom fit, exclusive, and timeless, apparel collections and essentials. Discover what distinguishes PREVAEL as a unique Life.Style.Brand.

PREVAEL is a lifestyle and a mindset - Letโ€™s Build. Welcome to The Brand.

Shop ๐Ÿ›Build ๐Ÿ“ง& Connect๐Ÿ“ฒ With The Brand. BrickXBrick๐Ÿงฑ

Shop PREVAEL  

Build & Connect With PREVAEL

JM
Message 88 of 152

Hi All - my husband and I own Soldier58.com.  We sell vintage, antique, model home, and estate furniture, home decor, and art.  We've had our website for years but we just closed our brick & mortar shop to focus entirely on our online business.  I'm thrilled that AfterPay will soon be available to us but I'm interested in knowing if anyone else sells large items like furniture online and how you handle shipping/freight for these items.  Currently it's up to the buyer to arrange their own shipping, which isn't ideal.  I'd like to know what others are doing.  ~ Johanna

Johanna Kelly
Soldier58: Modern style with a past.
Message 89 of 152
Beta Member

Hi!  I'm Linda, my husband and I own Specialties Games, Toys, Gifts in San Angelo, TX.  We have a shop that's about half specialty toy and half hobby gaming.  We've used Square for off-site processing for years, and moved to Square for Retail in late 2019.  Our website is www.specialtiesgames.com and our social handle is @specialtiesgames on FB, Insta (and occasionally TikTok and YouTube).  Glad to be here!

Message 90 of 152
Square Champion

Welcome, Linda.

Great to see a fellow Friendly Local Game Store owner on here!

Mindi @ Jupiter Games

Mindi Rogers Green [she/they]
Managing Partner

Jupiter Games - Friendly Local Game Store & Event Center
A place for all who โค๏ธ games, specializing in board & card games, roleplaying books & miniatures, tabletop wargaming models, paints & hobby tools, dice, and more!

https://JupiterGames.Shop
Message 91 of 152
Square Champion

Hi @specialtiesgame 

I love your website. The colors make the site look bright and fun! 

The Shop By Age and Quick Gift Finder are extremely useful. Very cool!

Message 92 of 152
Beta Member

Thanks!  I tried to make it as similar as possible to how people shop in our store.  The most common request is "I need a gift for a __ year old"

Message 93 of 152

Hi Linda,

I do Braille on Playing Card games.  Bicycle Playing cards are ones i do as well:

https://www.shadowsinthedark.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=2_39

Message 94 of 152

Hello,

My name is Gail very new at this had the business for a year, only ecommerce business for now, planning a brick n Motar in the future.

Message 95 of 152

I have gone the other way. I just closed my brick and mortar, and will be concentrating on my online with a few shows thrown in... but I am 73, so am slowing down anyway.

Good luck.

Message 96 of 152

Hi, my name is Joyce. I own a small retail bricknmortar metaphysical shop. I have been in business over 7 years. Recently many other shops like mine have opened in the area, and with economic downturns I am struggling hard. I also recently retired from working a "real" job and social security is definately not what you think. lol. I am happy though to have made it this far and I sure hope I have my shop for at least another 7 years!

Message 97 of 152

Hello, everyone! Thanks for setting up this group. I look forward to getting to know everyone.

I'm Jennifer, owner and publisher of Pen & Publish, which publishes books by and for schools & nonprofits; offers author services such as editing, cover design, publishing, and more; and has three traditional imprints publishing a wide range of books:

Brick Mantel Books: Literary fiction & poetry

Open Books Press: General fiction for all ages and nonfiction for adults

Transformation Media Books: Body/Mind/Spirit

We're located in the Midwest (St. Louis, Missouri) but work with authors nationally and globally to reach readers from every corner of the globe.

You can find out more info at http://www.penandpublish.com/ or can check out our online store here: pen-and-publish-llc.square.site 

Happy Reading!

Message 98 of 152
Square Champion

Hi Everyone,

I'm Alicia. I own a non-toxic nail salon, Peint, in tropical Houston TX. I've been in and around the nail industry for 30 years this month. I opened Peint to offer something a wee bit different in the nail space.  The salon turned 2 years old in January and now it's time to stretch outside my comfort zone.

I'm adding e-commerce and in-salon sales in Q1. This group will certainly be helpful as I grow.

My past life included luxury wholesale and retail sales. Sometimes it was magic and sometimes it was tragic!

Find me on IG or FB @getpeinted.

~Alicia

Alicia | PEINT
@getpeinted
Message 99 of 152
Square Champion

Welcome Alicia.  Interesting story and congratulations on 30 years!!  Looking forward to seeing more of your work.  

@theoldtownsoapcompany

Message 100 of 152
Square Champion

Thank you๐Ÿ˜Š

BTW, I'm loving your soap blends!

Alicia | PEINT
@getpeinted
Message 101 of 152

HI! My Name is Kristin and my sister and I own Alchemical Sisters, a Metaphysical/Self Care shop in Pitman, NJ. We have a  brick and mortar as well as an online shop. alchemicalsisters.com We offer Candles, Crystals, Tea, Beauty Products, CBD, etc. We have been using square for retail since we opened our shop in April 2021. We are currently struggling with getting our Facebook/Instagram and TikTok shops connected to our site. If anyone has experience in doing this, we would love any suggestions you might have. 

Looking forward to the support and connection here! 

Message 102 of 152

Hi Kristin,

We had the same issue. I contacted the tech people at Square and they connected our site to our Instagram and Facebook.
They handled it quickly.

Hope that helps.

Sharon

Sun to Moon Farm
suntomoonfarm.com

Message 103 of 152

I have not been able to find a way to connect to tech support. I call the 855 number and it asks for a code, which I am not able to get at the link they direct me to. So frustrating. Do you have a way of getting through?

Message 104 of 152

I will give it a try thank you so so much! 

Message 105 of 152