x

Custom fields for Booking

Beta Member

Custom fields for Booking

Hello! I have a dog grooming salon and there are specific items I would like to collect during booking. I saw in a previous post about a work around, but I’d be kidding if I thought that was okay for a paid service. Is this something you all can do as this is a make or break for me. Thanks!

2 Verified Answers
Verified Answer

Re: Custom fields for Booking

Hi Sellers! 👋

We've got some exciting news to share!

You can now use Custom Fields to collect custom information from customers when they book Appointments and Classes online! This feature is available with a Square Appointments Plus or Premium subscription.

You can set up, view, add, hide, and edit custom fields from your online Square Dashboard or Square Appointments App:

From the Square Dashboard

1. Navigate to Customers.
  2. Click Settings > Configure Profiles.
  3. Click Create Custom Field.
  4. Name the field and select a field type.
  5. Click Save.

From the Square Appointments App

1. Navigate to More > Settings > Customers.
  2. Click Add Field.
  3. Name the field and select a field type.
  4. Click Save.

Once you’ve created the custom fields you want to collect, you can add those fields to your online booking flow.

1. Navigate to Appointments > Online Booking > Settings.
  2. Scroll down to Customer profile fields.
  3. Click Add Custom Field under When customers book an appointment or class.
  4. Select your newly created field.
  5. Click Save.

1. Navigate to More > Online Booking.
  5. Click Save.

We'd love to hear your thoughts and feedback on this new feature, so please feel free to drop your comments below!

@Lwoods2 @RG2952 @EcoCarCafe @MBL-Jacky

Verified Answer

Re: Custom fields for Booking

Not a dog groomer but an auto detailer here. Having the ability to add a step to the booking/appointments user flow would be super helpful. We'd love to capture customer vehicle information and/or home address (for our mobile services).

30 Comments

The title of this thread has been edited by a Square Moderator from the original: Online booking- customer info.

Hi

Anyone can help how to edit mandatory customer info for online booking?

At the moment, customer fills out their phone number and email in order to book online. I want them to leave the event date for the service. 

Thanks in advance!

Square Community Moderator

Hey @Hoboken, thanks for reaching out! 😄

I am happy to assist but do you mind providing some more details on what you are trying to do? I will keep an eye our for your reply. 

I want to update mandatory info from customers who book online. At the moment, 

Hey there, @Hoboken! Just jumping in for Maya here. 🙂

With a Square Appointments Plus or Premium subscription, you can now use Custom Fields to collect custom information from customers when they book online.

This means that in addition to default information required (name, phone number, email address), you can also collect custom information during the online booking flow, including event dates.

You can set up, view, add, hide, and edit custom fields from your online Square Dashboard:

1. Navigate to Customers in your online Square Dashboard.
  5. Click Save.

Once you’ve created the customer profile fields you want to collect, you can add those fields to your online booking flow:

1. Navigate to Appointments > Online Booking > Settings in your online Square Dashboard.
  2. Scroll down to Customer profile fields.
  3. Click Add Custom Field under When clients book an appointment.
  5. Click Save.

Please let us know if you have any other questions!

Hi Sellers! 👋

We've got some exciting news to share!

You can now use Custom Fields to collect custom information from customers when they book Appointments and Classes online! This feature is available with a Square Appointments Plus or Premium subscription.

You can set up, view, add, hide, and edit custom fields from your online Square Dashboard or Square Appointments App:

1. Navigate to Customers.
  5. Click Save.

1. Navigate to More > Settings > Customers.
  2. Click Add Field.
  3. Name the field and select a field type.
  4. Click Save.

Once you’ve created the custom fields you want to collect, you can add those fields to your online booking flow.

1. Navigate to Appointments > Online Booking > Settings.
  5. Click Save.

1. Navigate to More > Online Booking.
  5. Click Save.

We'd love to hear your thoughts and feedback on this new feature, so please feel free to drop your comments below!

@Lwoods2 @RG2952 @EcoCarCafe @MBL-Jacky

Hi all! 👋

@Hoboken @najioh68 @TrinityTreasure @hometown_arcade @TheRealChipA @COD76177 @lorimakesmoves @GeTRAW

I’ve gone ahead and moved your discussions to this existing feature request where I’ve just posted an update about Custom Fields and the Square Appointments online booking flow.

Please see my reply today, which has been marked as Square Verified in the thread.

Hope this helps - please let us know if you have any other questions!

Status changed to: Delivered

Square Champion

Thanks for the update, @Katie_SQ.  That looks like a solution that should work for many, if not most, sellers!  FYI, now that I see how this was implemented in this particular use case, you can bet I’m going to brainstorm about ways to add and use customer fields in other situations.  I’m betting you’ll see a few feature requests/suggestions for expanding the use of this concept in a few other places in the Square ecosystem.  You know what they say — no good deed ever goes unpunished! Ha.

Beta Member

Great feature BUT, it would be even better if these fields could be indicated as being mandatory or not. 

Beta Member

3 suggestions that I think will make this feature more valuable. 

1. Ability to add more than 5 custom fields during online booking.

2. Ability to mark a field as required or not during online booking. As @LusterSalon mentioned.

3. Ability to tailor the custom fields to the services that are being booked during online booking.