x
Admin

Square Appointments: How to block appointments on public holidays

With the festive season just around the corner we’re sharing a workaround to block public holidays on your Square Appointments CalendarKeep in mind you will need to repeat the steps below for each staff member. I know this isn’t ideal and the Appointments team is working to improve this. 

To change your business hours to block time, sign in to your online Square Dashboard and follow these steps: 

1. Navigate to your Appointments Calendar and click on the day you’d like to block.
  2. Click anywhere on your daily calendar or click and drag your cursor to select a block of time.
  3. Select Personal Event in the top left corner of the pop-up window.
  4. Add an event title (e.g. busy, meeting, available).
  5. Ensure the Block Time button is toggled on to block clients from booking on your calendar during this event. If you’re blocking time for one of your staff, click the arrow next to your name to see your list of staff and click the individual. Customize this calendar event further by adding additional notes, specify the exact dates and times and make it an all-day or a repeating event.
  6. Click Save.

To block off time from the Square Appointments app, follow these steps:

1. Open the app and tap Calendar from the navigation menu.
  2. Tap directly on the calendar or select the + symbol > Create Personal Event.
  3. Enter the event details, including the title, time and staff – make sure Block Off Time as Busy is enabled.

This question was originally answered in our Australia Community. Thank you @Laurie_ for putting together these steps!

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Super Seller

Thank you for the guide @Helen. This will be very helpful for us during the festive season. 

Message 2 of 4
Super Seller

I am glad for now I only have my schedule to deal with.

Ryan Anton Schaffer RMT
www.reginamassagetherapist.com
Message 3 of 4

Is there a simple way to do it for all the staff members at once? It would be better if we could schedule the holidays of the year and the system would block that day. You should enable a similar way to define holidays, as when we defined regular hours. That would be a great help

Message 4 of 4