x

ACH PAYMENTS

I have a customer who paid via ACH transfer and it benn a. Few days now square is showing as being paid and saying transferred but I have received no money from said payment is this normal if so where is my money

Message 1 of 2
1 Best Answer
Super Seller

Best Answer

Hi @Steve19.  

To answer this I have to give you a little background.  ACH payments are basically nothing more than an electronic form of a paper check being sent around.  As such, they can take 3-5 business days from the time the customer pays until we see those funds in our balances.  This is because Square doesn’t receive the money immediately, but has to wait for the “check” to be routed form their bank to Square’s bank — through a few intermediary banks and/or the Federal Reserve.  This delay is normal, and one of the drawbacks of using the current US ACH system.  In the EU and other more advanced countries, the banking system is much, much faster — usually 1 business day at the most though there are occasional hiccups.

Here’s a link to the Square webpage on ACH payments.  I’m adding this screen shot of the part that answers your timing question, circled in red.  If this delay is unacceptable to you, which I can understand in some situations, you’ll need to disable the ability to accept ACH payments at all.  There’s currently nothing Square can do to accelerate this process as it is controlled by federal banking regulations and policies.

IMG_5239.jpeg

Chip

If my answer resolves your issue, please take a minute to mark it as Best Answer. That helps people who find this thread in the future.

Piper’s Ice Cream Bar, Covington KY USA
Website
Facebook
Click here to see a list of third-party apps I use to add functionality to my Square account!

जो है सो है

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Super Seller

Best Answer

Hi @Steve19.  

To answer this I have to give you a little background.  ACH payments are basically nothing more than an electronic form of a paper check being sent around.  As such, they can take 3-5 business days from the time the customer pays until we see those funds in our balances.  This is because Square doesn’t receive the money immediately, but has to wait for the “check” to be routed form their bank to Square’s bank — through a few intermediary banks and/or the Federal Reserve.  This delay is normal, and one of the drawbacks of using the current US ACH system.  In the EU and other more advanced countries, the banking system is much, much faster — usually 1 business day at the most though there are occasional hiccups.

Here’s a link to the Square webpage on ACH payments.  I’m adding this screen shot of the part that answers your timing question, circled in red.  If this delay is unacceptable to you, which I can understand in some situations, you’ll need to disable the ability to accept ACH payments at all.  There’s currently nothing Square can do to accelerate this process as it is controlled by federal banking regulations and policies.

IMG_5239.jpeg

Chip

If my answer resolves your issue, please take a minute to mark it as Best Answer. That helps people who find this thread in the future.

Piper’s Ice Cream Bar, Covington KY USA
Website
Facebook
Click here to see a list of third-party apps I use to add functionality to my Square account!

जो है सो है
Message 2 of 2