x

What is the Bank Name for Square Checking

What is the Bank Name for Square Checking? I found the Routing Number (041 215 663) and Account Number in the account info, but I do not see the Bank Name, which is needed for the other party to verify that the Routing Number and Bank Name match.

Is the Bank Name something like "Square Bank" or maybe "Sutton Bank" (found online). I tried using the "Chat", which just allowed me to select various "Topics" from the Support Assistant, but never answered the question or actually let me actually do a chat with anyone!

Also, does the Account Name (matching the account number for the Square Checking account) come from the Owner name? Or the Locations? Or the Team Member names?

Message 1 of 11
1 Best Answer
Super Seller

Best Answer

Hey @Rob_S 

Good questions!

The bank name associated with the account, and the one you would use for a 3rd party "should" be Sutton Bank. As that is the bank that owns that routing number. 

The Account name, should also be whichever name is registered with you Square account depending on what name you used when you setup your account with Square. If you used your name, LLC, S-corp etc 

I'm not 100% sure on this, and just going by what a "traditional" bank would use, but hopefully someone will verify this one way or another for you.

Dan
Scorpion Coating Plus,LLC
Square Super Seller
Check out Square support center for additional help.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Super Seller

Best Answer

Hey @Rob_S 

Good questions!

The bank name associated with the account, and the one you would use for a 3rd party "should" be Sutton Bank. As that is the bank that owns that routing number. 

The Account name, should also be whichever name is registered with you Square account depending on what name you used when you setup your account with Square. If you used your name, LLC, S-corp etc 

I'm not 100% sure on this, and just going by what a "traditional" bank would use, but hopefully someone will verify this one way or another for you.

Dan
Scorpion Coating Plus,LLC
Square Super Seller
Check out Square support center for additional help.
Message 2 of 11

i want to link my square bussines checking through plaid online and i choose sutton bank and i tried signing in but it didnt take it in,i got the square debit mastercard tho but i cant link that **bleep** to anything online, what is squareup bank online?

Message 3 of 11
Square Community Moderator

Welcome to the Community, @PRISCILAGULLEY

I am going to suggest reaching out to our Support Team directly since this is affecting your account specifically: 1-855-700-6000.

They will be able to see some deeper details and give you the best course of action. 

Thank you! 

Kassi
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 4 of 11
Beta Member

Square is by far the most unhelpful "help service and support"  - the number provided sent me to their "quickbooks expert" where I was then told to call Quickbooks and disconnected from the line.

I am computer literate and RARELY am able to find articles that are helpful in resolving issues.

It would be super helpful to have an easy to use and connect to help/support service that does not take up my very limited and precious time during my business hours. So far today I have been on-hold or looking for the appropriate help for about an hour. Not okay.

BTW - the routing number for my square savings account is showing as Honda Finance... 

Message 5 of 11

Did you ever figure this out?  I have tried to figure this out and still haven't had anyone be able to help me. 

Message 6 of 11

Hello everyone, I have some good news! 

Square Checking & Savings are now supported for account verification and linking using Plaid! You can link your Square Checking or Savings account by searching for 'Square' in the Plaid UI.

Please note, we do not yet support exporting Square Checking & Savings transaction data via Plaid or verifying accounts using Yodlee. We plan to add those capabilities in the future.

Kassi
Message 7 of 11

What is Plaid?  I'm trying to link my square with paypal and nothing so far is working.  Thanks

Message 8 of 11

Hey, @loribradeen Plaid is a tool that many companies use to verify your bank account.  At this time, I recommend reaching out to PayPal support to confirm if they allow Square Banking to be connected to their system.

I hope this information is helpful! 

JJ
Message 9 of 11

I need this to be added to Yodlee please freshbooks import does not include any bank account checking information. 

Message 10 of 11

I recommend you reach out to Yodlee and let them know of your interest in having Square Banking integrated with their platform. Our team will me more than happy to point them in the right direction. 

JJ
Message 11 of 11