x

Is there a way to deposit a check over the square banking limit?

I have a Square checking and savings account and have received a check that is larger than my checking limit. Is there a way for me to deposit a check over the checking limit?

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Super Seller

@CedarOakFarmLLC looks like you have ran into a limitation of the square checking account.  Is the check drawn on a local bank?  you could go to them and cash the check or open an account there, deposit the check, then transfer the funds to square checking.  The devil is in the detail, but square bank only allows deposits certain ways and with certain limitations. You can always contact customer service directly and see if there are any exceptions or procedures. According to the terms of service:

"

6. DEPOSITING FUNDS

You may deposit funds to your Card Account in the following ways:

Add Money Deposits

“Add Money Deposits” are deposits you make using Mastercard Send®, Visa Direct, or similar third-party services provided by Square that allow you to send money from one account to another.

Payment Processing Deposits

“Payment Processing Deposits” are made when the payments you receive through Square Services are deposited automatically to your Card Account once those payments have been processed.

Direct Deposits

“Direct Deposits” are Automated Clearing House (“ACH”) funds transfers made using your Card Account and routing number.

Mobile Check Deposits

“Mobile Check Deposits” are deposits you make by submitting an electronic check through Square’s mobile check capture service (“Mobile Check Capture”). Mobile Check Deposits are subject to additional terms as set forth in the Mobile Check Capture Terms of Service available at www.squareup.com/legal/general/checking-mobile-check-capture-terms. By using Mobile Check Capture, you hereby agree to the Mobile Check Capture Terms of Service.

Deposits can only be made using the above-described methods. We will not inbound wire transfers or cash mailed or otherwise delivered to us, including if delivered in person at a Bank branch or office. All Direct Deposits are provisional until we receive final settlement for entry."

"

7. DEPOSIT LIMITS

Limit Type Limit Amount

Direct Deposit (via ACH)$2,000 to $50,000 per day (depending on age of your Card Account.
Add Money Deposit$500 to $2,000 per day (depending on age of your Card Account)
Donnie
Multi-Unit Manager
Order Up Cafe/Tombras Cafe/Riverview Cafe/City County Cafe
Roddy Vending Company, Inc.
www.OrderUpCafe.com

Using Square since July, 2017
Square Super Seller
Square Beta Team

"Good judgment comes from experience, and experience comes from bad judgment."

"You can have everything in life you want, if you will just help other people get what they want." Z.Z.
Do you want to have great restaurant menus that are easy to edit and don't cost a fortune? I use MustHaveMenus and you can too!
MustHaveMenus
Message 2 of 2