x
Beta Member

Square Card: Can you have two Square Cards for one account?

The title of this thread has been edited from the original: Square Card:

I would like to see if you can get two square cards for one account.  I have me and another employee and want them to have a credit card too as well as me.  Can you add a second card to a account.  

Message 1 of 64
1 Best Answer
Alumni

Best Answer

Hey @funfun4645 - Currently, you can only have one Square Card per location. If your Square account only consists of one location, then you'll only be able to request one card. If you have multiple locations within one account, then you can request one card for each of those locations. Please keep in mind that each Square Card would only be connected to the balance of the location it is linked to. To clarify, the Square Card for Location A will only contain funds generated by Location A and cannot be used to access the funds generated by Location B.

Let us know if you have any other questions!

Puka - She/They
Seller Community UX Designer

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 64
63 REPLIES 63

Hi, just would like to confirm if this is up to date information?

Message 22 of 64

Hi, is this still the case now?

Message 23 of 64

My wife has our card added ot to my google pay so now we both can use it. I just tap my phone at any checkout that I need to use it and it gets around squares silliness of the whole one card thing. They do need to change this if the want to compete or hold our money and make interest off of it. Else people will just do what I use to do and transfer it to there bank account and the square gets no interest for holding it. Seems like they would see that this policy is a horrible business decision. 

Message 24 of 64

I only have one location but there are two of us, can i get two cards that are linked to the same account but with each of our names on it

Message 25 of 64
Square Community Moderator

At this time, Square Debit Card is issued per location and only under the name of the owner. I recommend you submit a Feature Request here. This will help our Banking team get visibility and track other Sellers with similar interest in your request. 

Important: When submitting a request, make sure to include the desired feature, and provide the details of how this feature will help your business succeed (how would you use it and what you expect from it).

JJ
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 26 of 64

I am interested in this as well. I would prefer the square card to be more like a prepaid card instead of holding all of my funds. Also,  Multiple cards for employees.

So for example each card for employees has 500.00 loaded on it and automatically replenish when funds get removed. All other recieved funds gets automatically deposited into the bank. We should then be able to set spending limits on each card.

Let me know if and when you add this feature and I will the. sign up for square card!

Message 27 of 64
Admin

Thanks for adding these requests to let us know how Square Card would work for you @Carrx. 👍 We'll post here to give you a heads up if any of these features are available in future! 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 28 of 64

I would like to be able to order an employee card that links to my square balance.  I would like to have the ability to cap daily spending on it as well.  Possibly even set up hours of use on the card.  For instance, parameters could be set that doesn't allow use between 8pm and 8am if set by the account administator.  

Message 29 of 64

This reply was created from merging an existing thread: Can I order another Square Card to give to my employee?

Can I order another square card to give to my employee? 

Message 30 of 64
Super Seller Alumni

The only way you can have more than one card per account is if you have multiple locations.  You can have one card per location.

Judy T Shumway
Message 31 of 64

Can we obtain more than one square card?  I would like to issue this to employees instead of a bank debit card.

Message 32 of 64

@puka - I have 2 locations - is there anyway to move money from Location A into Location B account and vise-versa? 

Message 33 of 64
Alumni

Hey @CFFCF ! Stepping in for Puka - At this time, there's not a way to move money between two locations.

Justin
Message 34 of 64
Beta Member

Hi @JustinC,

We are looking for this functionality as well. Sometimes we have two events going on at the same time, meaning that we get spread between two locations, and it would be helpful to have more than one Square Card at these times.

Message 35 of 64

Is there anyway to have a second card for an authorized user on the account? 

Message 36 of 64

Hi there, @Humbard! Thanks for reaching out here with your question.

At this time, we are only able to issue one Square card per location. I've gone ahead and merged your post with a similar thread of Sellers who also asked for this feature. Feel free to browse the conversation - you may find a helpful workaround from other Sellers!

Let me know if you have any questions! I am here to help.

Joe
Message 37 of 64

My boyfriend and I are both business owners. We are a mobile business and he needs access to this account as well when and wei  are not together Incase of fuel needs.  I understand 2 different locations can have a card each but we are one location and need 2 cards.  When do you think that would be possible?  I see many of your customers are asking the same thing. 

Message 38 of 64

Hey @Tonroge1,

I moved your post to an existing thread where this question has been asked/answered already. 

Check out the Best Answer above for details. 

Ashley C
Message 39 of 64

how many squares can be linked to one account

Message 40 of 64

there are 4 company owners that would be linked to one bank account

Message 41 of 64

other partners need to make transactions using my card

Message 42 of 64