x

Sending invoice to Collections

I've been curious about something I don't see on square.  Does anyone know if there's any way to send a square invoice to collections?  Like if you have a customer not paying or refusing to pay, can square send the invoice to a collection's agency on your behalf to try and get your customer to pay?

Message 1 of 2
1 Best Answer
Super Seller

Best Answer

@KWF I don't see square ever providing that kind of service, because it is a regulated industry outside of the square mission.  Also, you would still be the person taking that action since you are owed the money and not square itself.  Nothing is to stop you from contacting a registered collection agency and getting set up and submitting copies of the invoice and contact log and getting a collection agency to help you.

More and more I am a fan of get paid up front to avoid these kinds of problems.  As an anecdote, I once had a customer who forgot his wallet.  I let him get his usual order and he said he would pay the next day..that turned into 2 3 4 days.  Out of embarrassment he kept avoiding coming in.  By being kind, I actually ruined a good customer.  I still take care of my customers, but I just don't do credit unless it is a government agency I have a contract with.

Donnie-M

Donnie
Multi-Unit Manager
Order Up Cafe/Tombras Cafe/Riverview Cafe/City County Cafe
Roddy Vending Company, Inc.
www.OrderUpCafe.com

Using Square since July, 2017
Square Super Seller
Square Beta Team

"Good judgment comes from experience, and experience comes from bad judgment."

"You can have everything in life you want, if you will just help other people get what they want." Z.Z.
Do you want to have great restaurant menus that are easy to edit and don't cost a fortune? I use MustHaveMenus and you can too!
MustHaveMenus

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Super Seller

Best Answer

@KWF I don't see square ever providing that kind of service, because it is a regulated industry outside of the square mission.  Also, you would still be the person taking that action since you are owed the money and not square itself.  Nothing is to stop you from contacting a registered collection agency and getting set up and submitting copies of the invoice and contact log and getting a collection agency to help you.

More and more I am a fan of get paid up front to avoid these kinds of problems.  As an anecdote, I once had a customer who forgot his wallet.  I let him get his usual order and he said he would pay the next day..that turned into 2 3 4 days.  Out of embarrassment he kept avoiding coming in.  By being kind, I actually ruined a good customer.  I still take care of my customers, but I just don't do credit unless it is a government agency I have a contract with.

Donnie-M

Donnie
Multi-Unit Manager
Order Up Cafe/Tombras Cafe/Riverview Cafe/City County Cafe
Roddy Vending Company, Inc.
www.OrderUpCafe.com

Using Square since July, 2017
Square Super Seller
Square Beta Team

"Good judgment comes from experience, and experience comes from bad judgment."

"You can have everything in life you want, if you will just help other people get what they want." Z.Z.
Do you want to have great restaurant menus that are easy to edit and don't cost a fortune? I use MustHaveMenus and you can too!
MustHaveMenus
Message 2 of 2