x

"Forced" Auto-Draft?

Hi there,

I know that Square has the option for a client to save a card on file and thereby allowing for auto-drafting each month.

Is there a way to force/mandate it? My business model is that clients are setup on auto-debit but when it's an "option" many don't do it and so there's a loss of predictability and in some cases, chasing down clients to make their payments.

Thanks,

Chris

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Square Community Moderator

Welcome to the Community, @ckeseling

Unfortunately, you cannot make this mandatory for the customers in your business. With the way it's set up, the customer has the right to make that choice. Once they do, then you can charge their card for the services or items you need to. 

If you use appointments, you have the ability to add a a cancellation policy or prepayment to collect fund. 

An option on invoices would be to start a payment schedule when you create the Invoice. These would be the only workarounds available currently. 

Please let me know if you have any other questions. 

Kassi
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 4

Thanks for the information Kassi. It's kind of unfortunate as other processors like Stripe offer it and even other platforms that connect to Square for processing. I wish I could skip the "middle man" and just do it directly in Square but I guess for now I'll have to take other approaches.

Message 3 of 4
Square Community Moderator

Completely understand, @ckeseling.

You have to use whichever tool makes it easier and more efficient to run your business. Hopefully, you will look to Square in the future. 

Thank you. 

Kassi
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 4 of 4