x

Customer got square financing, sent deposit request of 50%, now cant pay other 50%

Customer was approved for financing of $2200 with an estimate. Converted to an invoice, requested 50% deposit with remaining 50% due upon installation.

Installation completed and customer wanting to pay 50% other $2200 ($1100 final) in good faith, but is having issues as I suppose it was a one time financing of amount up to $2200 of my invoice. 

Customer still owes $1100, but is in good faith because he was approved for the $2200 of total project.

Going forward, I will warn customers that financed amounts must be paid in full before completion due to this issue. In the pool industry, it's standard practice for 50% deposit, net due upon completion to offer some semblance of protection of customer. 

Any tips?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Super Seller

If the customer got Square financing then you got all your money already at the time of the transaction and they just owe Square, not you.

otherwise please explain more about your situation.

Message 2 of 3

Because they still owe me 50% of balance due (just requested 50% deposit), it will not allow me to charge his installment card Square issues when a loan is approved. See below. Since he used the "one time use" to pay the 50% of the total invoice as a deposit request, I'm not allowed to charge the installment card for partial payment (it's greyed out).  Hence, I'm still left with $1100 I'm missing out on.

Screenshot_20190430-070302_Gallery.jpg

Message 3 of 3