x
Beta Member

More transactions on days we are closed?

I'm attempting to draw attention, and/or to understand how to better utilize square according to the algorithms.  

First, context: we have doubled sales volume,  tremendously increasing transactions in April, May, and now June, over the previous 3 months.  Because we are paying down a square loan pretty quickly, I'm surprised to see that by Wednesday each week (we are closed Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday) our number of transactions 'needs work'.  As soon as we open Thursdays again we begin to satisfy the program and it turns green again soon after.  

My question really is, is our only answer to open more days to sufficiently appear like we are processing more transactions in Squares algorithm?  Our business hours are consistent and recorded in our settings.  Trying to use the helpful guidance to steer our growth but in this case it doesn't seem to make a ton of sense, could it be a glitch in the system? We process a LOT of transactions when we are open.  I'm having a hard time believing it's not the fault of closure, due to the timing each week that we go out of the green.   We work long hours (7a-10p) on days we are open.  

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Super Seller

@TheGrindNH ;

There is no Magical number you need to hit for amount of sales.  Since you Sales volume goes Green once you reopen I would not worry about it.  The biggest issue right now for you is that you have a Current Square Loan.  I have been seeing that businesses are not being offered New Loans until their current loan is 98% or more paid off.  As long as you monthly Credit Card sales volume keeps going up, not just your overall sales, I would not worry to much.  Square uses Credit Card volume for eligibility for Loans, not overall sales.   So lets say your Overall Sales over double each Month but 75% of your sales are now Cash, where last year they were 75% Credit card.... to Square you Processing Volume is down.   

Squares Algorithms just base it off of Credit Card Volume for the last X days, it is a computer after all and does not look at the hours your open just how many Credit Card Sales you have had this week so far.   

Keith
Owner
Pocono Candle

Mark as Best Answer if this Helped you solve an issue or give it a thumbs up if you like the answer.
Square Support Number 855-700-6000.
Make Sure App and OS is up to date on your Device.
Message 2 of 3
Beta Member

Thanks, I'm not worried at all, about sales or an offer.  We have been with Square for just about 10 years.  This was more just targeted feedback for anyone at Square listening in.  I want to use tools to grow, and use charts as a barometer, and I would imagine Square wants to hear it if they want me to, too.  🙂

Message 3 of 3