x

Square Loan Discourgement Sollutions

Our business is a small Black-owned establishment that began as a barbershop and transitioned into a barber school. The growth we have experienced is primarily due to the invaluable support we have received from Square loan. To date, we have obtained two loans and are currently awaiting our third. The Square platform is now indispensable for businesses like ours following the Covid crisis. Conventional loan options often passed over our applications, but Square's features have given us the means to validate every transaction, establish legitimacy and keep the business thriving. I'm grateful for these benefits.

However, business owners who have diligently made repayments towards their Square loans need more certainty. It can be daunting not to have guaranteed access to loans after demonstrating solid payment history. Why not focus more on nurturing small businesses and providing them with an assurance of future capital possibilities instead of the cookie-cutter responses leaving devout business owners in the dark, waiting to become " eligible"? 

Thank you 

Mr. Glass

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Square Community Moderator

Hello @itsmrglass!

Thank you so much for your post!

Offers are based on many business factors including, but not limited to, your current payment processing volume, your customer mix, and your Square account history. Please be aware that aspects of your processing history, such as failed debits, chargeback history, and changes to your processing behavior may impact your eligibility for any potential future offers.

We do not have a specific timeframe for when another loan offer may be available. However, we will continue to automatically review your account for eligibility. We understand that not being immediately eligible can be frustrating, but we are unable to override the automatic review process with a manual review.

To learn more about how you may become eligible for a Square Loan, please visit our Support Center.

Please let us know if you have any other questions for us!

Sammie_C
Square Loans Team
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

Square, the Square logo, Square Financial Services, Square Capital, and others are trademarks of Square, Inc. and/or its subsidiaries. Square Financial Services, Inc. is a wholly owned subsidiary of Square, Inc. All loans are issued by Square Financial Services, Inc. a Utah-Chartered Industrial Bank. Member FDIC. Actual fee depends upon payment card processing history, loan amount and other eligibility factors. A minimum payment of 1/18th of the initial loan balance is required every 60 days and full loan repayment is required within 18 months. Loan eligibility is not guaranteed. All loans are subject to credit approval.
Message 2 of 7

Thank you for getting back to me so quickly. I wanted to share my thoughts on helping small businesses, especially those who rely on a Square loan to keep their doors open. While I understand the need for processes and automation, it's important to show empathy and provide reassurance for those who are struggling to stay afloat.

Message 3 of 7
Square Community Moderator

Hi @itsmrglass!

I completely agree.

Thank you for providing your feedback. I will share your concerns and your comments with the rest of the Square Financial Services team. Please know that we’re constantly working to improve our products and services based on the feedback we receive from customers.

Thank you again for the feedback!

Sammie_C
Square Loans Team
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

Square, the Square logo, Square Financial Services, Square Capital, and others are trademarks of Square, Inc. and/or its subsidiaries. Square Financial Services, Inc. is a wholly owned subsidiary of Square, Inc. All loans are issued by Square Financial Services, Inc. a Utah-Chartered Industrial Bank. Member FDIC. Actual fee depends upon payment card processing history, loan amount and other eligibility factors. A minimum payment of 1/18th of the initial loan balance is required every 60 days and full loan repayment is required within 18 months. Loan eligibility is not guaranteed. All loans are subject to credit approval.
Message 4 of 7
Super Seller

@itsmrglass wrote:

Our business is a small Black-owned establishment that began as a barbershop and transitioned into a barber school. The growth we have experienced is primarily due to the invaluable support we have received from Square loan. To date, we have obtained two loans and are currently awaiting our third. The Square platform is now indispensable for businesses like ours following the Covid crisis. Conventional loan options often passed over our applications, but Square's features have given us the means to validate every transaction, establish legitimacy and keep the business thriving. I'm grateful for these benefits.

However, business owners who have diligently made repayments towards their Square loans need more certainty. It can be daunting not to have guaranteed access to loans after demonstrating solid payment history. Why not focus more on nurturing small businesses and providing them with an assurance of future capital possibilities instead of the cookie-cutter responses leaving devout business owners in the dark, waiting to become " eligible"? 

Thank you 

Mr. Glass

Hi @itsmrglass 

I get where you are coming from. 100%  After a structure fire in 2017, I was pretty much forced to file a BK7 (had i done some better research, I wouldn't have gone with a Chapter 7, but that's history now).  Having to climb back out of the mud so to speak and build credit an my business  all over again, while having a BK show up on my personal credit report has had its challenges none the less.  Like you, Square was helpful in providing capital when needed.  Making it priority to make sure payments are on time, and CC sales are being process, just to have the algorithm say I'm ineligible.  It's not the best feeling, especially when you do everything right. 

I think  a problem with that is they don't have underwriters that can manually review accounts. (I have no idea on this, just an educated guess). So it is sort of out of their hands unfortunately.  I do wish though that Square would tweak their algorithm to look at the business as a whole, and not just CC sales, but also cash and check.  

However, many banks and institutions not just Square have tightened and re wrote algorithm and any underwriters are being more conservative  since COVID and the current state of the economy.  

With all that being said, I do want to offer some additional advice or avenues that may help you out.  There is a decent deal of information in this thread here.  Some of it is slightly out dated, but overall it is still very usefull if you are looking to build business credit.  

If you are a current Amex account holder, (credit card, banking etc) you can  login and see if you pre-qualify for their Business Blueprint (formerly Kabbage) without risking a hard pull to your current credit report.  Monthly payments , with a fixed % based on the loan. 

Quickbooks also offers working capital for current customers , but with weekly payments. 

Out of the 3 of these, I will say they are all pretty similar each one has its flaws.

Square's doesn't "hurt" the bank account as much , as its taken from the daily cc sale, so to me its one of those "out of sight, out of mind".  The con being the uncertainty of when another loan will generate (If at all).

Amex BluePrint- Fairly competitive rates, however the "LOC" can fluctuate  every day based on your business, as well as your personal credit (even if it is a soft pull)

Quickboks Capital.  They see the whole picture of your business, whish is a huge plus.  The weekly payments, and they also have the uncertaintiy of receiving another loan once one is paid off, even if you did everything right. 

Just wanted to share my experience with you and hope that maybe one of these options may be able to help you out.  Feel free to reach out here or in a message if you have any further questions about business credit information. 

Cheers

Dan
Scorpion Coating Plus,LLC
Square Super Seller
Check out Square support center for additional help.
Message 5 of 7

Thank you. 

Message 6 of 7

Like wise we are a printing and trading company and square capital has really helped us to thrive. But waiting for our next loan invitation can be very stressful. We are always ahead on our payments but need extra cash flow at different times. It would be great if square would allow proven clients to apply for funding as needed.

Message 7 of 7