x
Beta Member

New Square Loan 2024

I’m at a bit of a loss for what else I need to do to be offered a new Square Loan at this point. I’ve been with Square for over 10 years, had 7 loans now that I’ve have paid back early every single time. Metrics are all in green, record sales year. In 2023, record numbers across the board, no refunds, no complaints or issues of any kind in our entire history. Current loan is 80% paid off, but no new offer in site. This is the kind of stuff that causes businesses to find someone else to process through! Please help! I’m sure I’ll get the same old excuses that you guys send to everyone about looking at every aspect of the business. But there isn’t a single aspect that isn’t way up. I’m not sure if there is a new process they are using now, or if there is some kind of issue with my banking or something else I’m not thinking about or aware of. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks, because I could really use some new capital to start the year off with and reinvest into my business!

Message 1 of 427
1 Best Answer

Best Answer

Was your offer higher? Do you have your bank account connected in the loans tab to “generate a better offer”?

View Best Answer >

Message 175 of 427
426 REPLIES 426

My monthly sale is around 700k at this moment. 

Message 274 of 427
Beta Member

I wish Square loans would be straight up.  Example  Loan Amount $10,000 Loan Fee: $1,000 .   

New Loan offer consideration amount Paid back: $9,000

Message 275 of 427
Square Champion

It would be nice! I was hoping their line of credit would have worked out. They floated that idea around a year or so ago. Then it straight forward and you know what you have and use it as needed. If you're income goes up you could apply for an increase. But it didn't happen.  

Message 276 of 427
Square Champion

The more information you provide it is easier to help you or provide better information! We are all in this together ❤️ 💜 

Message 277 of 427
Beta Member

I'm at 76% and no offers have came in . I'm praying square will start letting humans make the decisions about offers and stop letting computers do that. Iv had 12 loans and payed them all back earlier than needed. And my biggest offer has been 2500.00 

Message 278 of 427
Square Champion

I would not plan on that happening.  In order to offer multiple loans a minute and start 1 loan every minute you would have to have thousands to be looking at the data of millions of users.  Even with sheer numbers like that, they might not get back around to looking at your account for a year just due to the amount of users.

The scale of something like this is tens of thousands of times more than a local bank to be loaning out $ 1.32 billion in 90 days to over 129,000 people.  It is only possible because of the scale available because the algorithms can look at thousands of user's data per minute.

If you want a person to look at your papers and accounting and taxes etc then it is time to head on down to your local bank.  That is what I do and I don't get individual loans, we have a RLOC Revolving line of credit.  Saves a lot and is easy to just hit it for 12 days to pay a bill early or to buy a new refrigerator and only have to pay interest on the number of days you borrow. 95% of the time it costs me nothing,

Message 279 of 427

4 year square user and on loan number 6. My salon has never had to wait this long for a new offer and we are currently at 86% paid off a 25k loan. We were anticipating for the last 2 months a new loan offer came in because of the busy season approaching with weddings and proms and etc…. But unfortunately we have been getting the same automated messages from the loans teams and also these supposedly escalations mangers the same automated reply’s via emai. It has been very discouraging and disappointing as a customer of square. Not being able to speak to anyone directly about what could be holding my company up from getting a new offer after seeing All of our analytics checked in green and always on top of our loan payments and always hitting the minimum payment way ahead of time. After reading everyone’s messages in this section It makes us more discouraged that we won’t see any new loan offers anytime soon. It is also disappointing that we chose to process with square and there are a lot of other companies that I did reviews on now, that people are sayin is better then square just off customer service in general. The automated loans department is understandable because of how many loans have to be processed through out the day, but what about us people that have been loyal and had loans and always paid the loans back with now problems. I’m sure people that process through square was always expecting square to treat them with great service as square makes their money off Us people using them for processing. I’m sure after reading the same automated messages from the loans department and these loans Escalation managers I’m going to shop around over the weekend for a new process company. My company is small salon franchise with 7 locations and we have a ver big social media Influence with over 300k followers and growing so I’m sure when we post our dissatisfaction with square we will have a ton of new processing company’s offering us their business with better service for small business owners. We just feel that we have been loyal to square and they aren’t showing Us all the same treatment. Maybe they aren’t sending new offers because it’s something else going on with the Square company. Major layoffs and etc… but still that should not effect Us people who process with square daily and they make their money off us and like my company payoff every loan we had ahead of the time expected. We also hope some one will read This and figure out a better way to satisfy their customers that choose to process with square. 86% paid off a loan and still waiting and only response is an automated response from the people on the phone and a email I’m sure everyone in this group has received. I hope for the best for everyone in this chat and good luck we will be shopping around for a new processor with better customer service 

Message 280 of 427

I’m 78 percent paid off on my second loan with a substantial increase in sales since the last one it’s only taken me six months I do multiple transactions in a day with new business almost daily and I’ve yet to get an offer... last offer made at 75%... I’ve reached out and I get the generic response I’m frustrated I have an incredible opportunity need the funding and if I have to do it with someone else I don’t feel like I’m a Right fit to continue giving square my business.... I’m not saying I deserve special treatment but when I’m hitting the numbers I am and doing all of the things it says I need to be doing to be reconsidered and I’m not receiving an offer How else am I supposed to feel. 

Message 281 of 427
Square Champion

In general, it appears that most Square Loans are not starting to be be offered until the loan is 80-90% paid back if not fully.  This is just observed from posts of people getting offers and loans, not an official stance.  So you are getting closer to maybe getting an offer.  Getting it early is almost like a penalty because you are paying back your loan with part of the new loan.  There isn't anyone that can tell you any different than what others have said as that is how the loans work there isn't a button that someone can push that will turn your offer on as much as we may want that.

The good news is they have never loaned as much money as there are right now.  in the last 90 days 129,000 people got loans totaling 1.32 billion dollars.  That is 1 loan a minute, just wild numbers.

Keep selling is the best you can do for your business to keep growing and maybe there will be a better opportunity down the road.   I know I was upset before about missing out on a purchase and was happily surprised when something better came along. I ended up buying an entire business, property and all, at a bankruptcy auction.  Had I bought the property 2 months earlier I wouldn't have been able to buy the business. 

Message 282 of 427

Hummmmm don’t know we paid off our loan in 34 days and no offer!!!!!!! One thing I do know is square doesn’t care and you learn not to depend on there loan!!!!! 34 days I thought we was a great fit but!!!!!! Anyway

Message 283 of 427
Square Champion

I know and understand unfortunately, I have been watching the trend with the majority now it's a higher percentage paid off or some completely paid off. There is no guarantee and how the algorithm works but I do know people are still getting loans daily. Hopefully, it will kick in for you. I just watch the majority and the range their getting it at. Good luck to you and I hope it comes quicker!

Message 284 of 427

I'm sitting at 63% and hoping for an offer soon! 

Message 285 of 427
Square Champion

The most I've seen are usually around 80% to paid off. My last one was around 81/84 after 3 busy days. The prior was June and 91%. A very small % are posting 70s. The trend is higher % paid off. Good luck!

Message 286 of 427

We just hit 100% yesterday and still no offer just don’t depend on the loan it’s like they don’t want you to grow and we paid ours off in 36 days

Message 287 of 427
Square Champion

Ughhhhh, I'm sorry unfortunately, if you scroll down it's trending a higher percentage paid back or completely paid off. Not all but I look at the trend for the majority. Good luck and hopefully a offer will come in soon! Please keep us posted okay, it helps others too. 

Message 288 of 427

I’m sitting at 80% paid on 40,000 loan, hoping for an offer also

Message 289 of 427
Square Champion

My last loan was 81/84% paid back after 3 days of crazy busy. That was March. Last June it was 91% paid back. It is trending a higher percentage paid back for most but not all. Good luck and hopefully soon! Please, keep us posted as it helps others who are looking. 

Message 290 of 427
Beta Member

Just hit 100% yesterday on our $70k loan. This is our 18th loan with Square and have been with them for almost 10years. Still no offer, so have begun to look at other options for my business. I use to process through costco at cheaper rates by far but no loans. The loans is what convinced me to switch. 

Message 291 of 427
Square Champion

Still nothing? Ughhhhh, it's been pretty slow for a couple of weeks with anyone posting they received one. I know not everyone post here or comment but it does help others see the trend. 

Message 292 of 427
Beta Member

Just hit 80% and everything is saying my trend is down. It's not down at all. Complete opposite. I'm processing more than I ever have before. 

Message 293 of 427
Beta Member

I knew I wasn’t tripping lol!!! Im on my 8th loan with square, in the early days I would get a new offer around 60-70% and always paid off the entire loan or can in 3-4 months. They were giving me higher loan amounts until last year when they started to give me smaller loans ok whatever. I’m at 91% and it says my weekly sales “need work” I’m like whaaaaaat this comes out of nowhere aaaaaaaand we are busier than ever with credit card sales, square online sales. Naw they just need to be honest with us and say, “Square loan customers, we ain’t got it right now”!!! Lol

Message 294 of 427