x
Super Seller

Loyalty Signup — Bug Report?

So, I think this is a bug and not a feature request.  I’ll start here for now.  Here’s the scenario:

• A customer pays with a card that is enrolled in automatic e-receipts from Square.
  • When the Loyalty screen appears (I’m using Restaurants POS) the phone number attached to the payment card is pre-populated for the Loyalty signup.  However, data entry into that field has been disabled. So…
  • If the customer wants to use a different number for their loyalty program (say, they want to use their spouse’s number for that but keep their number for receipts) I have to manually add them to the loyalty program the hard way.

To me, it seems that the bug is that the phone number field is locked for cards when receipt phone numbers are pre-populated into the loyalty signup screen.  The field should be edit-enabled or there should be a button (or something) to say “Use another phone number.

Chip

If my answer resolves your issue, please take a minute to mark it as Best Answer. That helps people who find this thread in the future.

Piper’s Ice Cream Bar, Covington KY USA
Website
Facebook
Click here to see a list of third-party apps I use to add functionality to my Square account!
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Square Community Moderator

Hi there, @TheRealChipA,

You bring up some good points, I want to run a few things by our team and I will get back to you about this as soon as I can. I appreciate your patience! 

Ellie
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 5
Super Seller

Thanks @Ellie_.  I appreciate you passing it on. I really hope the engineers don’t say it “works as designed.” But I’ll create a Feature Request if I must. Through gritted teeth, saying “I can’t believe I’m doing this” the whole time! Lol 

Chip

If my answer resolves your issue, please take a minute to mark it as Best Answer. That helps people who find this thread in the future.

Website
Facebook
Click here to see a list of third-party apps I use to add functionality to my Square account!
Message 3 of 5
Super Seller

I’m not REQUIRED to love being a team player, am I? 🤪🙃😝🤣😮😉

Chip

Website
Facebook
Message 4 of 5
Square Community Moderator

Hey hey, @TheRealChipA,

Thank you for your patience on this. After reviewing some settings with my team, we confirmed that loyalty will also be attached to the credit card, so if the card it attached to the wrong number, you can go to the customers profile, and under the loyalty section, tap the three dots and manage cards. Once the card is no longer attached to one number for loyalty, it should let you use that number box again. If you're not seeing that, please let me know and we can follow up with engineering. 

Ellie
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 5 of 5