x

Email Marketing Discounts

I use automated Marketing for when customers first sign up for Loyalty and when they haven't eaten here in a certain amount of time. These campaigns have been successful and they are automatic, which is great.

Today we did a campaign for our anniversary and it is going well too. Just looking for feedback from people who use Marketing consistently and offer deals through that. Do you use a schedule? How much is too much? How much is too little? 

Thanks in advance.

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Square Community Moderator

Hey there @PointBreakTacos 

I'm tagging some of our Super Sellers. Hopefully, they can share their experience with Square Marketing. 

@ryanwanner @GourmetOnWheels 

JJ
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 9
Super Seller

My marketing emails work OK, not great

But there are more issues with marketing.

1) No A/B testing

2) Only Facebook as the social media app where the emails go, What about Instagram, Pinterest, BlueSky, Mastodon etc,?

3) E-mail-read reports can not be trusted. I see that I read my emails 2-3 times when I just delete them. Others like a friend of mine I see opens an e-mail 4-5 times, but he doesn't

And it would be nice to get a BlueSky invite as super sellers, it was founded by Jack Dorsey.

René

Life is too short to eat boring cheese.
Message 3 of 9

Interesting. I am tracking by just seeing them come through on the POS. I have definitely seen the small boost but remains to be seen if it will have a longer term effect. 

I would like to know if there is potential of linking with a better email marketing program through Square.

Jason

Message 4 of 9

here to second the inaccurate marketing email reports! mine were way off and outright lies. what is that about?!

Message 5 of 9
Super Seller

@JJ_ thanks for the ping!

@PointBreakTacos I’ve used square marketing for many, many years and overall I’ve been very happy with the results. I especially enjoy the automated marketing emails. I set a first timer and a lapsed customer automation back when they were launched in January 2016, and to date I’ve seen over $29k in sales attributed to just those two emails! 🙂

As for frequency, I recommend thinking about it from your customers’ point of view. Would you like to be bombarded with emails from a company? Pretty sure that would make me not want to do business with them. I usually do a monthly newsletter and every now and then a one-off email talking about something happening with the store. My open rate is consistently above 40% on all my emails, although I do wonder if the three line preview on many email apps count as an open… haven’t gotten a definite answer to that one yet.

Ryan Wanner
Golden Pine Coffee Roasters
Colorado Springs, CO, USA

Super Seller: I know stuff.
Beta Tester: I break stuff.
he/him/hey you/coffee guy/whatever.

Happy Selling!
Message 6 of 9

Thanks for the feedback.

This is my viewpoint as well. I do not want to bombard people with emails and only want to communicate when giving value. I just also want to use it to stay in their view, so to speak. This business is all about breaking into people's eating routine, so looking to do that with the marketing emails.

Message 7 of 9

how do you feel about the rampant inaccuracies in the reporting? it will say 1/4 of my list read it instantly, and then say they opened it multiple times and i have been on that list and i had never opened it. i just came looking for an answer and am finding others saying the same.

Message 8 of 9
Super Seller

Jason, It would be nice and faster if Square fixed it.

I used Mailchimp and they had the same report issues 

René

Life is too short to eat boring cheese.
Message 9 of 9