x
Beta Member

Square Online vs Square Marketing Coupons

We were made aware that the coupons for online orders will not be available anymore in the square online dashboard, instead they would need to be setup in the Square Marketing Coupons section instead. But when we attempted to add our coupons into this section, it does not allow 100% discount. There is a Free option, but this is only for specific items or customers. We need 100% off for only select users that can order any items and not have to pay for them (with using a coupon or discount) online. Please help us find a way to do this before March 25, when this switches over. Thank you!

Message 1 of 8
2 Best Answers
Square Community Moderator

Best Answer

@mkhellman Thanks for flagging this issue! The 100% discount is something that has been flagged internally and we're working on a fix. We'll follow up shortly with an update. 

Barbara_b
Square Online Beta Manager
Join the Beta Community
Evaluate | Influence | Engage

View Best Answer >

Message 3 of 8

Best Answer

@mkhellman @TheRealChipA I just got confirmation that the Square Online coupon shutdown has been pushed back to mid-June so your existing coupons will continue to work in the meantime.

The team is using that time to implement a process to automatically migrate the majority of coupons so that you won't need to manually recreate them as well as to address some of the feature gaps that have been identified since the announcement. 

More details will be forthcoming but in the meantime, you can share your feedback and concerns here. The Product team is monitoring that thread and will be providing updates there.

Barbara_b
Join the Beta Community

View Best Answer >

Message 5 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Super Seller

Hey @mkhellman.  Right now, there is no way to do this.  I’m in a similar boat — I have a 100% off coupon that I only use for internal testing of my online store.  And, as you have noted, there is no way to do either a 100% discount code OR something similar, whatever the reason.  I’ve surfaced this thread to a few Square folks who are in a position to look at this.  Hopefully we’ll hear back from one or more of them soon enough.  For now, all we can do is wait and hope it is fixed before the 25th.

Chip

If my answer resolves your issue, please take a minute to mark it as Best Answer. That helps people who find this thread in the future.

Piper’s Ice Cream Bar, Covington KY USA
Website
Facebook
Click here to see a list of third-party apps I use to add functionality to my Square account!
Message 2 of 8

Best Answer

@mkhellman Thanks for flagging this issue! The 100% discount is something that has been flagged internally and we're working on a fix. We'll follow up shortly with an update. 

Barbara_b
Join the Beta Community
Message 3 of 8
Beta Member

@Barbara_B Has there been any progress made on this? I am getting a little concerned with the short timeline that we have to switch over to a different process as we are approaching only 2 weeks until the Square online discount codes will not be an option. If you can provide any updates on this, I would greatly appreciate it - will there be any option to continue using the Square online discounts temporarily until this is resolved if there is no solution before then? Thank you!

Message 4 of 8

Best Answer

@mkhellman @TheRealChipA I just got confirmation that the Square Online coupon shutdown has been pushed back to mid-June so your existing coupons will continue to work in the meantime.

The team is using that time to implement a process to automatically migrate the majority of coupons so that you won't need to manually recreate them as well as to address some of the feature gaps that have been identified since the announcement. 

More details will be forthcoming but in the meantime, you can share your feedback and concerns here. The Product team is monitoring that thread and will be providing updates there.

Barbara_b
Join the Beta Community
Message 5 of 8
Super Seller

@Barbara_B thanks for the update!  I definitely am happy to hear everything that you posted there.  Thanks to you and the team for listening and for actually doing one better than was asked by adding an “automatic migration” tool to the process.

Chip

If my answer resolves your issue, please take a minute to mark it as Best Answer. That helps people who find this thread in the future.

Website
Facebook
Click here to see a list of third-party apps I use to add functionality to my Square account!
Message 6 of 8
Beta Member

I wanted to follow up on this push back of the square online coupon shutdown. Has there been any updates on this - or anything that we should be testing at this point, now that we are getting less than a couple months away, I would love to know where this stands at this time, and if we need to be concerned about making a work around for these online coupons that may not work once the switch has been made. Any updated information would be very much appreciated. Thank you!

Message 7 of 8
Super Seller

@mkhellman Definitely a reasonable question, and I’ll add my name to the list of sellers who are keenly interested in the answer, in hearing about the progress made, AND in hearing about any known limitations in the final product!

Chip

Website
Facebook
Message 8 of 8