x

Access to Domain

Hi, I created a square account and online selling website back at the end of May, and as instructed transferred my domain into Weebly. and decided mid June to close the account as I didn't like the online website building interface and decided to build my website via WordPress instead, I proceeded to delete and deactivate my account, thinking Weebly will stay open where I would be able to access my domain and transfer it back to google, as I couldn't transfer it right away due to the 60 day wait period. and since July I have been going back and forth with weebly and square support and they take me nowhere, Weebly insistes I need to click on the "Online" link inside squareup.com but my squareup.com dashboard is completly dark and empty I have no access to my domain and I need it, this whole situation pushed back my online launch a full month, which is absolutely unacceptable why are sSquare and Weebly holding my domain hostage and not allowing me to access it, please help

ps: this is a new account I had to create so I can be able to access support and send this very message that I'm unable to send via the main account I created) 

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Square Community Moderator

Hey @sammie1207

I'm sorry to hear this and can understand why you are frustrated. Can I please get your websites URL? I'd be happy to take a look for you. 

Sayra
Community Moderator, Square // Moderadora de la Comunidad, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Inicie seción y haga clic en Marcar como "Mejor Respuesta" si mi respuesta contesta su pregunta.
Message 2 of 4

I need to delete this domain

Hickscloud.weebly.com

Message 3 of 4
Square Community Moderator

Hi @4961 - Welcome back to The Seller Community, it's always nice to see a returning face 😊

Because Hickscloud.weebly.com is a free subdomain, there is currently no way to delete the domain. 

You can, however, delete the site that it's connected to or even change the domain to something else. 

To change your subdomain address, go to Website > General Settings on your dashboard and click Customize under the Site Address section. Choose the subdomain option, enter the text you want to use, and click Use.

To remove the site connected to that subdomain, Click on the grey sites dropdown on the top left of your dashboard, then click the "..." button for the site you want to delete. You should see a delete option there. To switch to a Weebly subdomain, follow the steps you would normally do to change the address of the site, then enter the full Weebly subdomain.

Feel free to let me know if you have any additional questions. 

As always, feel free to stop by The Community with question, concerns and even feature requests. We are more than happy to assist.

Ria
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 4 of 4