x

Anyone else having issues with customers' cards getting declined in online checkout?

For the past two weekends in a row, I have had several regular customers inform me that their cards are getting rejected/declined during checkout online.  Cards that definitely have sufficient funds, and these are customers that order online from me all the time, so this is definitely a Square glitch.  But when I call Square, they tell me nothing is wrong....

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Square Community Moderator

Hello @jennyharmony, we see its your first post in the Seller community, welcome! 

Sorry to hear your customers encountered some issues attempting payment. An important thing to note is that decline status's typically come from the card issuing bank. Check out this helpful guide on payment declines. 

Hope this provides a starting point, but definitely  reach out if you have more questions. 

Frida
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 3

I’ve been having this problem and it worked 3 times but then it just randomly stopped working & she called her bank and they said your system may not be reading the card as an Amex card therefore thinking it was the wrong cvv when it’s not. She entered her info correctly & called her bank and the bank wasn’t the one declining it. What can I do about that?

Message 3 of 3