x

Status of custom item indicator request?

Beta Member

Status of custom item indicator request?

What is the status on the feature request for customizing the item indicator label?

I put my upcoming items online so people can learn about them before the release date. I want the banner to say something like COMING SOON, not OUT OF STOCK. It's incorrect, looks like I can't manage my inventory, and doesn't tell the customer it will be available soon. Turning off the indicator as previously suggested will frustrate the customer trying to add it to their cart.

I found an old thread from over 2 1/2 yrs ago and doesn't show up when I check out the "redesigned feature request experience" for me to be able to click the gold star to upvote it. The redesigned feature only goes back to March of last year on page 56.

The archived thread is: https://www.sellercommunity.com/t5/Read-only-archive-Square-Online/Can-I-customize-the-quot-Out-of-s...

An update and visible thread or an immediate customizable indicator would be appreciated.

0 Likes
1 Verified Answer
Verified Answer

Re: "Sold" vs. "Sold Out"

At this time, it isn't possible to customize the Out of stock message (formerly Sold out) for your Square website, @bradblackman.

I understand how a Sold message may help to differentiate between those one-of-a-kind items, and items that might be available again soon - this would be considered a feature request at this time. In the meantime, what you can do is toggle this setting off so that there is not a message shown when inventory hits 0 (Online Dashboard > Settings > Item Settings). I hope this helps!

33 Comments
Beta Member

Recently items that were "Sold Out" were changed to "Out of Stock". In my case, I would rather prefer the wording of "Sold Out". Is there a way to change that?

The title of this post has been edited from the original: "Sold" vs. "Sold Out"

I sell paintings. Is there a way to change the "Sold Out" designation to "Sold" instead? "Sold Out" implies there are multiples of something. Since I'm selling unique items, "Sold" makes more sense.

Alumni

At this time, it isn't possible to customize the Out of stock message (formerly Sold out) for your Square website, @bradblackman.

I understand how a Sold message may help to differentiate between those one-of-a-kind items, and items that might be available again soon - this would be considered a feature request at this time. In the meantime, what you can do is toggle this setting off so that there is not a message shown when inventory hits 0 (Online Dashboard > Settings > Item Settings). I hope this helps!

Alumni

Sorry for the delay here!

I recently answered a question like this, then noticed your post and wanted to make sure you saw my response here. While this message text is not customizable, you can turn off this messaging altogether by following the directions above, @harvestcatering.

Thanks, Valentina!

Thanks.

This reply was created from merging an existing thread: How to change "out of stock text" on listing

I would like to change the "out of stock" banner that shows up on items that are , well, out of stock to a different phrase/text.

Specifics:  The item inventory is changed to zero and the option is set to show out of stock and the item is shown but cannot be put in the cart.  All works well.  But I want to display a different phrase than out of stock.  I am actually "repurposing" the listings into a One Lot Sale.  All of the remaining items are shown but cannot be ordered individually.  The people with the link can see the items and then offer me thru email an offer for ALL OF THE ITEMS.  I want to say something like Lot Sale Item.

Is there a way to do this?

Thank You!

Alumni

This would currently be considered a feature request, @mckinney3.

I really appreciate the time you took to explain why this would be useful specifically for your business - these details are always extremely helpful when our team is considering building out new features. I've gone ahead and moved your post over to this thread so we can keep interest in this feature altogether.

We will be sure to post an update here if something changes, so stay subscribed to this thread to be notified of new posts!

Thank you for the nice response.

I look forward to a way to change the text.  But I did turn off the option to display Out Of Stock in a red banner on the photographs as that eliminates some of the confusion.  And with zero stock, the item cannot be bought separately when a visitor tries to place in the cart.  So I am OK for the short run.  

Alumni

I'm glad to hear things are manageable right now, @mckinney3.

Thanks for the update, as it may help others looking for a similar feature!