x

Selling digital files that are automatically emailed to purchaser.

Selling digital files that are automatically emailed to purchaser.

I would like to see a feature on square.

I would like to sell downloadable digital files, where an automated email goes out with the file link right after check out.  I would be able to have one more way to have sales in my business.  I am a hypnotist and don't have a way to sell digital files through my website.  I don’t know how to sell digital files through square.  

286 Comments
Admin

Hmm, that's odd. I'm looking into this for you @SavvyMari

Admin

Very sorry for the delay @SavvyMari. That appears to be the order confirmation screen, and not the confirmation email. So that we can investigate why you can't seem to edit that information please call our Support team when you have a chance, so we can take a closer look.

I was thinking that if square was able per user to link their google drive to there account.

It would create a secure folder on there account to hold their files. Then when user added a digital item to their items. then when uploading it would go to that secure folder.

Then square could create a 30 day limited link to the google drive file. Maybe by using the coupon area to create the link by the system or like it.

By this Square would not have to host the files. The option could be free or cost a small fee to implement.

What are your thoughts ???

It allows digital sales, but then you have to manually send the download link....so it's really just handling the sale...not the digital aspect of it.....should be easily able to automate the download/link as an online sales company

Square Community Moderator

@p71rock I've merged your post with an existing thread that helps answer your question. You can also check out this help article for details on digital downloads. Thank you!

I ordered my own digital product and it says a separate email will be sent with it but it hasnt...

What am I supposed to do so they send the digital product automatically when it's ordered?

Alumni

I've moved your post to this thread so you can see the answer @isabelle provided here about this process, @cevendigital. You'll need to manually send this email, as this process is currently not automated by your Square Online website.

We'll be sure to update this thread when we have an update!

You cannot. That is the problem. You have to track them manually and send the customer the digital file yourself. No matter how much we've asked them to fix this (because the old Weebly allowed automation of this), they have not fixed it. 

Super Seller

@biglizconjure  I just read through this entire thread; I think you are the most vocal (and angry sounding) in asking Square for something that really isn't what they do.  Square has a basic online store vendors can use, but their main business is processing payments not making online store software.

I also sell digital items - photos - and we use a different piece of shopping cart software to sell them (Sytist from PicturesPro - https://www.picturespro.com/ty/pPiLt/) and that software is built to display and deliver images. It then integrates with Square just for the payments.

I guess my point is that Square doesn't have to solve all your online selling problems if there are other options out there that can integrate with it.

@Michael_L,

Of course I am angry about this! When I adopted Square as my POS for my brick and mortar, and spent $500 on equipment and manually added all of my (1,000+) products to Weebly it was because they bought Weebly and told me I would have an end to end solution for my business. This proved to be incorrect for my highest selling products (the digital files containing the links to my LIVE classes).

So while there are "workarounds," I don't feel like those should be necessary. Weebly offered automated, digital products before, and their transition to Square eliminated this functionality instead of improving it. 

It is my assumption that Square wants in on the eCommerce market because they purchased Weebly, and while there are a host of other improvements they could make, customer's direct access to digital files they paid for should come first.

If I go with another vendor, I have to replace that with an end to end solution that is not as good as Square. So, I am not looking for a workaround. I am looking for what I was promised a year and a half ago when I made the switch from 3D Cart. 

Thanks, but no thanks.