x

Selling digital files that are automatically emailed to purchaser.

Selling digital files that are automatically emailed to purchaser.

I would like to see a feature on square.

I would like to sell downloadable digital files, where an automated email goes out with the file link right after check out.  I would be able to have one more way to have sales in my business.  I am a hypnotist and don't have a way to sell digital files through my website.  I don’t know how to sell digital files through square.  

286 Comments

Are they working on this feature at all? To automatically send digital files after purchase?

I use Payhip.com now and just embed it into the Square site. I'm hoping Square will jump into the 21st century with automatic downloads, but Payhip works all right for now.

I would like to know how to do this too. I sell invitations to art workshops and paint-alongs on Zoom, and need to send the buyers the Zoom invites and some info about the events. I'm having more issues lately with emailing them all individually, as many of the buyers' ESPs are sending my emails to spam folders, or bouncing them altogether. I need to be able to direct the buyers to a webpage that I can set up to contain all the info that they need for the event.

I like Square and I am new to using it, but two major problems and Square hasn't programmed it in yet. 1) They do not have limited quantities for an item that you can set. (big problem so I constantly have to check it). 2) They do not have an automated email after a purchase where I can include a download link for the digital product. (big problem-so I have to manually check). I have missed many orders, I have had angry customers, I have had to play catch up, it doesn't feel professional. I have to babysit my emails to make sure I do not go past the quantity for an item. I am working too hard to be with Square. I have been with other payment processors who do not have this issue. I am pretty stressed out and am considering moving somewhere else, however, once again-more hassle to do so.  I do not know what we have to do to put pressure on Square to make these very, very important adjustments. I hate the feeling of being embarrassed or babysitting my payment processor. 

Super Seller

I fully understand what you’re saying here, it seems like when an important feature request comes in though it could take well over a year to be implemented, makes no sense to me, all that would need to change is a small amount in the automations but oh well, we’ll keep going constantly checking all our emails to make sure we aren’t missing digital sales, I really hope square will bring this feature within the next few months, so many other platforms have it working affectively. It’s a shame that it isnt available, especially when in the preview emails they include a download link. 

Is the digital option only for the US? I am in Canada and do not see it in the drop down menu.

Alumni

The digital option is available in CA as well. Can you send a screenshot of the fulfillment methods you see from the edit item page? @kikiandstell

Hello. I am waiting on this to happen still. I offer digital files. It would be so much more efficient to send them automatically after purchasing. 

Hi meljen -

just started online and wanted to do the same with my digital items as well. how did the emailing items go with the square online

Are there plans for automated digital file send? or is there a plug-in I can purchase?