x
Admin

Featured Square Online Site: Whisky Run Golf Club 🥃 ⛳️

Hello again! Every other week, I will be featuring rad sites built using Square Online by sellers like you. It’s a great way to pick up tips that you can incorporate into your own site!

This week we’re taking a look at whiskyrun.com, the website that Super Seller @LukeNieuw created for the Whisky Run Golf Club. I have absolutely no golf game at all, but I do love scotch whisky. 🙃

The first you’ll see when you visit the website is the clear click-to-action buttons at the top. These three buttons provide immediate access to what visitors are most likely to need when visiting the site:

AdamB_0-1629735310626.png

One factor to think about with customer experience is customer effort. How much effort is it for a potential or existing customer to find what they need? The less effort, the more likely a visitor will make a purchase or use a service. Placing buttons front and center will reduce the effort significantly.

The second element I want to highlight is the Youtube videos featured on different pages of the site.

AdamB_1-1629735310746.png

People love videos. They provide a way for you to communicate information through visual and audio means at the same time. For many people, this means that they absorb and connect with what you are presenting in a very human way. With the video above, customer reviews feel very genuine when you can hear and see them directly from the reviewer. 

Like that one guy really, really loves the Bootlegger Bistro, baby. 😂

There’s one additional benefit as well! Since the video is hosted on Youtube, you can get views directly through Youtube. This can lead to more visits to your site, sales, signups, and more!

What do you think? Let me know in the comments below! Let me know if you have a site you want to nominate - just send me a private message (hover over my username, then click on the button in the popup to send a message)!

For more in this series, see:

Featured Square Online Site: Fatback’s BBQ

Adam
Seller Community, Platform
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Super Seller

This is really well organized considering its offering views a lot of chances to engage with the Golf Club. Very user friendly and encourages interaction from the start. I like the incorporation of YouTube videos...I was trying to add video once, and I may be mistaken but I think I was prompted to upload first to YouTube and then embed a link. I've been wanted to explore new ways to use YouTube to help promote my retail store and sale items, so this is a great example to see. Well done @LukeNieuw ! Thanks for sharing your site with us.

Message 2 of 5
Super Seller

Thanks @HC_Charlie !

And yes, the videos are all hosted on Youtube and you just add the link of the video from Youtube to the "Video" block on your site. It's the best way to do it. Hosting videos on your own website will just slow the site right down so it makes sense to use a service like youtube because speed is critical. We want the people to WATCH the video not a spinning circle "loading" then leave your site.

Luke Nieuwland
Owner/Operator
https://www.whiskyrun.com/
Co-Founder
https://birrdi.com/
Co-Founder
https://www.lakeeffect.ca/
Message 3 of 5

Thank you i'm loving square up but having issues setting up the booking and online orders. Also i wish they would add an expense tracker option.

Message 4 of 5
Admin

Thanks for your comment, @Celebrationsign! What sort of issues are you having?

In regards to the expense tracker, is this something you'd like to see on the item edit page where you could enter in your costs and see what your profit is for the item?

Adam
Seller Community, Platform
Message 5 of 5