x

Why is there no discussion of the mess Square Online has made of Categories

We've been through a few weeks of chaos with Categories on Square Online but I see nothing on the community about what's going on. 

First, Categories stopped sorting based on the custom order we set. Then they began rolling out messages that we had to limit a category to 120 items to get custom order. OK. Did that. But you still can't get Categories to sort consistently by Custom.

At one point, I tried sorting by Alpha and the first item in my category began with a Z.

Today, I can't reorder categories and subcategories in Category editor.

When will you get all of this fixed and working as it should???

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Beta Member

I'm having the same issue. I used to be able to sort items manually into alphabetical order. It was bothersome, but better than nothing.

Now, the ability to sort is gone which makes my website seem harder to navigate for my clients. I too, would like to have the ability to sort alphabetically back. The old way was cumbersome, but at least possible. I hope Square brings the ability to sort categories back soon.

Screen Shot 2021-04-20 at 12.52.22 PM.png

Message 2 of 4

I find this "bug" that they've said they are working to fix for three weeks is disrupting my business. My categories display items in random ways but never in the way I intended to arrange them. Customers can't find things. Missed opportunities. At least the last Rep I spoke with assured me I wouldn't be charged until it's fixed.

Message 3 of 4
Beta Member

Has anyone resolved this issue yet? 

It's getting to the point where my customers are complaining about how hard it is to find things.

Screen Shot 2021-09-01 at 1.34.16 PM.png

Message 4 of 4