x

Set different hours for each service

We have one location, but multiple services. The issue is each service can be offered at different times. Example service 1 is only offered on saturday and sunday, where service 2 is offered everyday. will this be a feature offered anytime soon?

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Super Seller

Hello @rcstablesmi !

Square's online store allows you to have time-based categories, where you can specify dates and times for various items.

Since the online store's categories don't have to follow your categories on Square itself, you can mix and match items to make it work for your schedule.

On the online store dashboard, go to Items->Categories. Create a new category or modify an existing one, scroll down to availability. You can choose the times here.

Hope this helps!

Ryan Wanner
Golden Pine Coffee Roasters
Colorado Springs, CO, USA

Super Seller: I know stuff.
Beta Tester: I break stuff.
he/him/hey you/coffee guy/whatever.

Happy Selling!
Message 2 of 8

will this still block out in the company calendar so we do not become overbooked?

Message 3 of 8

What are you talking about? When you go to "category" and create new there is no place to select avaiability! This is like the 4th post I've seen where the information is incorrect and the questions below weren't answered after months.

Message 4 of 8
Super Seller

@biggersworldThere is a possibility that some of the advice is dated here, yes, simply because the Online Store has been a continual work in progress since its launch. Square has been loading the site up with many new bells and whistles at quite a breakneck pace.

That said, the category availability is still there. When you create  a category (or modify an existing one) and scroll down past the item list you should see a screen like this:

cat1.jpg

Choose "Only certain days and times" and you'll see a screen like this:

cat2.jpg

Here is where you can set the available hours for that category. You can also have multiple times per day if need be.

From what I can tell, the design of the site (multi page versus single page [used for restaurants for pickup/self-serve ordering]) doesn't matter: category availability will work in any format.

More information can be found in this help file: Set Up Time-Based Categories in your Square Online Store

Please note that having category availability set does not mean that the items in that category aren't visible on off times. All items are still shown, but your customer will only see "Available later" instead of a way to order the items.

Ryan Wanner

Happy Selling!
Message 5 of 8

Thanks for the info but it couldn't be further off for my situation. I'm teaching courses not selling items nor do any of those options appear when I add a categroy. Seems like most everyone is using this to sell items versus services. Thanks

Message 6 of 8
Super Seller

@biggersworldaah. I believe I understand. Yes, the solution I gave is for the online store, which is mostly used for item sales as you said.

Are you using Square Appointments by any chance? I know that setup is different from the online store. Unfortunately, appointments is something I haven't had the chance to play with. I'll tag in a few Super Sellers who use appointments regularly. Maybe they'd have a better solution?

@Doran @Minion and any others: any idea?

Ryan Wanner

Happy Selling!
Message 7 of 8
Super Seller

Thanks @ryanwanner , I have sub'd to this thread. @biggersworld  I use appointments with services myself so just curious what exactly is your question I may be of some help hopefully?

Dan
Scorpion Coating Plus,LLC
Square Super Seller
Check out Square support center for additional help.
Message 8 of 8