x

How to make your business become successful and stand out to people?

Just share platforms everywhere and pray God works his magic.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Super Seller Alumni

I think social media platforms are very important, including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and TikTok. Some of these may be more relevant to you than others depending on your business and your audience. I would also say that having an email list that you utilize is important! A presence on Google is helpful. Word of mouth is very powerful as well. I think the best way to make your business stand out against the competition is to interact with your customers and your audience and go that extra mile for them!

Emily ( she / her )
The Violet Fox Bookshop
https://thevioletfoxbookshop.square.site
Message 2 of 6

TikTok and word of mouth has been my biggest seller so far. I have people who love seeing what I do on tiktok and order just to see it. People also share my page after getting great service and make it known to their friends and family that I am out there and a small business. It is really about what works best for your business.

Message 3 of 6
Super Seller

Of course, a lot of this answer is dependent on the type of business you are. 

For us, there are a couple of ways we've been able to position our brand in relation to competitors and an increasingly competitive marketplace.

First- if you're a retail shop, you cannot compete with Amazon- so don't even bother. Amazon is in a class by itself. I'm in a few other retail groups where owners are actively curating their products against Amazon. Please do not do this. Customers know what is on amazon- and sure, you'll get some customers that will look in your shop and by there- but know that it is your service and your curation that will set you apart. 

We sell a lot of books and we sell them at full retail. Everyone knows you can go to so many places online and get them cheaper- but they buy with us because we provide the education component.

In terms of education - be the expert at what you sell... that's the down side with online- there is no education component. That product education content should be pushed to tiktok, instagram, Facebook, Youtube, etc.

Dina
Co-Owner Amityville Apothecary
www.shopamityvilleapothecary.com
Instagram | TikTok @AmityvilleApothecary

Podcast: Apothecary After Dark (YouTube & Spotify)
Message 4 of 6
Super Seller Alumni

Amazon is SO challenging to compete with, especially when it comes to books. You've given me some food for thought there with the education content.... I'm only a year in here so still figuring out what my personal expertise/niche is... 

Emily ( she / her )
The Violet Fox Bookshop
https://thevioletfoxbookshop.square.site
Message 5 of 6
Super Seller

we lead with education always and we do it for free. We even offer free classes and workshops both in person and online in our shop. Our customers look to us as the expert locally and nationally.. the more you lead with educational content the better you will do,

Dina
Co-Owner Amityville Apothecary
www.shopamityvilleapothecary.com
Instagram | TikTok @AmityvilleApothecary

Podcast: Apothecary After Dark (YouTube & Spotify)
Message 6 of 6