x
Super Seller Alumni

We need Single Calendar Date option for holiday Pre-orders

I own a bakery and we do Holiday pre-orders that are picked up on the day before whatever holiday it is. And right now Square online has no single date or calendar date range or selection tool for such holiday orders. And this can get confusing for those customers that are not so technically inclined.

I think this would be a great solution to assist all small businesses from food service like my bakery to those scheduling pickups for retail gifts or even to help pop up shops at events!

Right now Square Online allows customers to pick whatever time they would like to pick up an order and most of my customers will choose the correct pickup date, but a few don't and some get cranky when we have to go in and manually change the date through the Orders tab on the dashboard. It would also remedy the problem of having people show up like 2 weeks ahead of time to pickup their item if I miss correcting the date on the order.

any one else doing pre-orders think we need a single date or date range option for holiday pre-orders?

Jessica
Owner/Founder
We'reDough Bakery and Cookie Dough Cafe
Flint, MI
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Super Seller

This has been a years and years long request.  We need it in our bakery too.  We do a workaround by selling items with the date in the name.  It works but isn't perfect.

Message 2 of 7
Beta Member

Yes! We've been asking for this for a few years. My workaround, that I read on the forum two years ago, is to list a bunch of items as Services instead of physical items or food/beverage. Then I explain in each item description when they can be picked up. Then they're added to a special separate page on the site. This takes away the pickup time option, and then I add in a modifier for them to choose a 3 hour pickup window. It's annoying but it works and there's no confusion with when it's picked up. It also removes the ability to add a tip, which is particularly frustrating when we're working extra hard during the holidays. 

Square, you gave us the option to remove days, now we need to ADD days to our calendars. 

Message 3 of 7
Beta Member

@Square Please add me to the list. Is there a 3d party app that does this? Shopify has multiple options for this and i am in the process of moving solely to square, but there are a few things that are making me think twice.  Also Can you check the 404 links on your posts, even if they are old? Like this one from 2014 about pre-orders. I was looking for a pre-order with limited date/time pickups? https://squareup.com/us/en/townsquare/pick-up-more-customers

Message 4 of 7
Square Community Moderator

Hey there @BlackRockSeafoo

Thank you for taking the time to share your interest in this feature. Pre-Order is one of our most requested features and our team is working hard to release this feature soon. While we don't have a specific launch date for Pre-Orders to be available, we know this is something our team has on the roadmap to be launched sooner rather than later.

I would like to take the opportunity to invite you to our Beta Community whenever new features are being launched or being developed we rely on Sellers to help test, provide feedback and help shape the final product.  Besides that, you can also subscribe to our Product Updates page so you can stay on top of new features that are coming up. 

JJ
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 5 of 7
Beta Member

Has this feature been introduced yet? Trying to set up King Cake pre-orders for this month, but the rest of our online store is same day pickup only, so it gets confusing. 

Message 6 of 7
Square Community Moderator

Unfortunately, we don't have pre-orders yet, @dutchmonkey, but you could consider setting up a time-based category for these cakes. Like this, they will only be available to be ordered for the times and dates you select. Learn more here and let us know if this would be a doable workaround. 

Message 7 of 7