x

How do I fix the errors appearing when I try to sync Instagram to my Square Online website?

The title of this post has been edited from the original: New Square Online + Facebook Sync

Loving this sync feature with Facebook so that my shoppers can shop on Instagram! I have some questions though. 

When I click on "Shop" on my Facebook page it doesn't list the items. However, when we tag them on Instagram it populates there.

I'm also getting a sync error, it shows under "SquareCatalogSyncDirectUploadXMLFeed"

All my items are affected by this problem: 

A product is missing a field: google_product_category

There are two other errors: no additional photos and description too short, those seem self-explanatory. I can't figure out how to fix the google product category.

The other two problems (in case you want the error)

A product is missing a field: additional_image_link

Field Is Too Short: description

Any advice on how to fix the google_product_category error? Thanks!

Message 1 of 96
2 Best Answers
Alumni

Best Answer

@jennlynndesign You should find a toggle to disconnect within Website > Facebook > Facebook Account

As for Instagram, Can you try the steps below to disable ? 

1. Go to your business profile in the Instagram app and tap the Gear icon. 
  2. Tap Edit Profile > then tap Contact Options.
  3. Select the word Book (or in your case you might see Shop) on your business profile and delete it.

If you still need help, reach out to CS for a hand. 

Justin
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

View Best Answer >

Message 55 of 96
Beta Member

Best Answer

Curious if anything that experienced the "SquareCatalogSyncDirectUploadXMLFeed" issue that prevented Instagram product tagging was ever able to get their issue resolved. Reported the issue back in Jan 2021 and still haven't been able to get to the point of tagging products on Instagram. Makes me sick thinking about it.

Would like to hear if anything was able to resolve and can shed any light on what it took to fix this. TY in advance!

View Best Answer >

Message 96 of 96
95 REPLIES 95
Beta Member

Same boat. Our link between the two has been broken even longer than that. It's upsetting. 

Message 43 of 96

My account is linked to my Facebook page and Facebook Pixel, but my item library is not synced so nothing appears in my Shop. Where can I go to import my products? When I click "Manage Shop", it prompts me to manually add each item. 

Message 44 of 96
Alumni

Hey @bodybriteroslyn are you trying to connect your Online Store products to Facebook? If so, reach out to our Ecom Team so they can file a ticket for Engineering and extensively troubleshoot 

Justin
Message 45 of 96

Thanks, @JustinC . I sent a hopefully detailed enough note to the Ecom Team for the sync issue as a starting point for us. Still can't get an answer on the fb side about it and near daily troubleshooting has been a bust, but I expect your team has more clout to get something good happening.

Message 46 of 96

I'm having this issue as well. Support today had me run my shop URL through this: https://developers.facebook.com/tools/debug/sharing/batch/

I'm missing a whole bunch of OG tags. I can't find a place on Square's website builder to put that data in. Contacting FB is like a black hole tbh. Square support told me to call customer support once they open (tomorrow, monday) and see if they can help.

I suspect that Square's website builder doesn't provide those OG tags and that's one (perhaps the only?) reason FB can't import my Square inventory. But I don't see a way to enter that data currently in the Square item description. I'm hoping that they can advise me on how to enter that info when I call them. 

Message 47 of 96
Square Community Moderator

Thanks for adding your voice here, @HWWWT, and sharing your process for next steps and troubleshooting. Please keep us updated on where you land with our Support Team - we want to make sure this gets taken care of for you!

Joe
Message 48 of 96

Found out that I needed to go through ALL 3 steps of linking the FB store. The second of which requires the facebook manager to be set up. I'm having issues setting that up with my FB page. Unfortunately neither Square or FB actually supports this so I'm having to google why I can't attach my Instagram to the page. So I'm still working on this. 

I suggest that the instructions on the Square site for how to do this get updated with the information that you must go through all 3 steps here - including setting up the FB manager and connecting your page(s) there - before you can even start to use the FB store integration.

Message 49 of 96
Beta Member

I installed the Facebook Pixel on my Facebook Store and all of my inventory catalog transferred from Weebly to Facebook perfectly, except for one thing that I just can not seem to fix.  My store items are crossing over to Facebook as "In Stock" but with a quantity of "0", so Facebook is showing them as "Out of Stock".  My inventory in Weebly and Square both show up correctly.  I've tried everything that I can think of...

Message 50 of 96

Hey @SickLabs,

I moved your post to an existing thread where some other sellers were having the same issue.

Throughout the thread some sellers offered some troubleshooting they tried but I would also maybe reach out to Facebook to see if they can assist further since it's on Facebook's end but okay on ours. 

Ashley C
Message 51 of 96
Beta Member

what thread?

Message 52 of 96
Beta Member

May I ask how did you manage to have your catalog synced to Facebook? I've been trying for two weeks now without any success. Everything seems connected with the Facebook for Square integration but no items from my Square store synced to Facebook catalog.

Message 53 of 96

I am getting this error on my Weebly Page. The error is under Website > Facebook

To set up Facebook on {Store Name}, you must first disconnect Facebook from {Primary Store Name}. In the future, you’ll be able to connect multiple sites to Facebook.

There is no button to Disconnect Facebook.

I am also getting this error on Website > Instagram

Instagram Shopping is powered by Facebook. To set up Instagram on {Store Name}, you must first disconnect Facebook from {Primary Store Name}. In the future, you’ll be able to connect multiple sites to Facebook.

Again, there is no Disconnect button.

I started a Weebly account integrated with Square before the migration took place a month or so back. I have inactive locations on the Square side. I do not know if that makes a difference.

Thanks for any help.

Message 54 of 96
Alumni

Best Answer

@jennlynndesign You should find a toggle to disconnect within Website > Facebook > Facebook Account

As for Instagram, Can you try the steps below to disable ? 

1. Go to your business profile in the Instagram app and tap the Gear icon. 
  2. Tap Edit Profile > then tap Contact Options.
  3. Select the word Book (or in your case you might see Shop) on your business profile and delete it.

If you still need help, reach out to CS for a hand. 

Justin
Message 55 of 96

@JustinC That is my issue. There is no toggle or button. I don't even have the option to go to Website > Facebook > Facebook Account. I can only go as deep as Website > Facebook.

Please see attached screenshot.

screenshot.png 

There is nothing like you mention on my Instagram account. Also, I had to switch to a Personal Account to disconnect it. It is still set to Personal on all my Instagram accounts.

Message 56 of 96
Alumni

Eeek 😬 I suggest reaching out to Ecom Support since those instructions are not working for you. 

@jennlynndesign

Justin
Message 57 of 96
Beta Member

I'm having the same problemsquare.jpg

Shawn Nickerson
10 Years of Coffee in Bellevue
cafecesura.com
Message 58 of 96

I set up a free online store. How do i link it to my personal facebook page so I can have my friends click a link to see all my products? I dont want to just share one product at a time.

Message 59 of 96
Alumni

I moved you to the thread you're looking for. Check out the best answer up top! 

@hoskinsfire

Justin
Message 60 of 96

I would like to sinc my item library to Facebook. The Facebook
business page is in my partners account and the square online store account
is in my name and my bank account. Will this be a problem??

I don't want my partners business page banned on Facebook.

Thanks,

Message 61 of 96

Hi @rose6,

I moved your post to an existing thread that goes over the Facebook/Online store sync.

Here's the Support Center article for it as well.

Ashley C
Message 62 of 96
Beta Member

I'm having the same issuesquare.jpg

Shawn Nickerson
10 Years of Coffee in Bellevue
cafecesura.com
Tags (1)
Message 63 of 96